[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seroquel taper schedule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1242x2208
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but if anyone has any input I'd be happy to hear it.

I was diagnosed with GAD and Stress induced psychosis three years ago and have been taking Seroquel XR for around the same time. Long story short, I feel mentally healthy again and want to get off Seroquel now.
My doctor told me to taper on the schedule of full dose one day, half dose the next, then full dose, then half dose etc. which seems really weird to me? Like won't I just have withdrawals every second day but by taking my full dose again it's not actually getting out of my system?
I understand that over the course of a week I will have cut my Seroquel intake, but with regards to withdrawals won't it be prolonging the process????
If anyone has tapered using a similar schedule I'm interested to know if this worked for you?
The other obviously schedule is to cut by 25mg every two-three weeks depending on how your body adjusts, which makes more sense to me but my doctor advised against this without explaining the reasoning behind it.
Any input will be appreciated, thank you.
>>
This is a really normal procedure when you're taking your first step down off of anti-psychotics/SSRI/etc. If you just took half doses starting tomorrow, you'd notice withdrawal symptoms, and they are bad, if not actually dangerous to your health.

In short, you're not smarter than your doctor. Listen to him. If you're too stupid to understand why he recommends what he does, ask him, not the internet.
>>
Thanks for your reply. I don't think I am smarter than my doctor, but I know he hasn't had much experience with antipsychotics. This is the same doctor that once told me it was okay to split my XR tablets until I told him I don't think it works that way, so he looked it up and what do you know?? Spitting XR tablets is not a good idea.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has successfully tapered this way.
>>
>>16930120
I did for the first step of my own taper. Alternating full dose and half dose for a couple weeks, then just went down to half dose, then cut it in half again, and alternated the tiny dose with no dose for a week at the end.
>>
i was on seroquel when i was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia but hated it, i couldnt move my boy all the time
>>
>>16930226
Thanks so much for your reply! How did you go with withdrawals this way?
>>16930232
Yeah it's pretty awful, I felt like that at the start but that heavy can't move feeling stopped after a week or so. I still feel insanely tired all the time like I've never had enough sleep and never have any energy which is one of the reasons I don't want to take it anymore.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.