[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my gf of half a year just "broke up" with me. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (10 KB, 334x229) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 334x229
So my gf of half a year just "broke up" with me. The reason for the quotation marks comes from the fact that, I believe, that I don't think she really wants it over and that I can fix whatever the issue is. See the past two years of my life were awful. I constantly had suicidal thoughts, never attempted, and had restrictive anxiety and depression. Some weeks I wouldn't leave the house for four or five days, skipping my classes. Things got slightly better last summer when I met a psychologist and was prescribed with Efexor. I took 150ml a day, and my issues remained, but we're very slightly diminished. Then I met my gf. She was my first and I was her second by, so I didn't really know what to do for the first couple of days of officially being together. My life improved drastically too. I overcame my depression and anxiety, got my grades back up, and overall I was truly happy for the first time in two years. Things got better, I took her on dates, became good friends with her friends, everything a good bf does. Except I never hugged, kissed, had sex, or held her hand. I'm not entirely sure why I never did any of these things, but I think the fear of doing something wrong and ruining everything played a part. But that was the only thing I stressed out about, everything else was perfect. Then our relationship went downhill. We began to talk on the phone less, and we went on less dates. Then she told me that what we had, she wanted to stop. She said it was her and that it wasn't anything I did, or wasn't doing. I didn't ask her about specifics, I was still in shock, but I remained calm. Then I went home and promptly took 8 times the amount of Efexor prescribed.
>>
File: image.png (537 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
537 KB, 1280x800
I wasn't trying to kill myself, I'm not sure why I did it honestly. Anyways, my roommate finds me and takes me to the hospital. I felt fine, and texted my closest friend about what happened. She was really worried but promised not to tell anyone. I had to stay at the hospital overnight, and got released today. When I got home I texted my gf about what happened. She apologized, and said it want my fault we broke up, that she didn't know how to explain it. I sent her a huge text explaining everything to her, and how I felt I wa crippling our relationship. She responded by wanting to talk in person. I have the same clas as her on Monday, and will see her then. I then asked if she wanted to meet somewhere over the weekend, suggesting the restaurant we had our first date at. She hasn't responded. So I ask if I'm doing the right thing. Should I try and fix this, should I move on? But if I move on, the I'm back at square one and back to crippling depression and laying in bed for four days straight. What do you guys suggest?
>>
I think "gf" is the word you should have put in quotations.
>>
inb4 beta, cuck, etc.
>>
>>16929916
>I believe, that I don't think she really wants it over and that I can fix whatever the issue is.
This was your first relationship? Sorry dude, I've been there and I hate to break it to you but it's over.

It's really not okay to try to guilt her back into it.
>>
>>16929934
I'm not trying to. I wanted to explain what happened to her. I believe that what killed the relationship was my lack of initiative. I have that now, and I think that can rebuild what we had at the beginning.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.