[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /adv/ Im going to college in a couple of months and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Desktop-Vs-Laptop-01.png (164 KB, 600x274) Image search: [Google]
Desktop-Vs-Laptop-01.png
164 KB, 600x274
Sup /adv/

Im going to college in a couple of months and I'm gonna get a new computer because mine is old. because I'm a gamer and since I haven't been in the market for like 5 years- Should I get a high end laptop for gaming and work, OR a cheap laptop for work and a nice desktop for games?
>>
File: IMG_20151207_191008.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_191008.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
Desktop for games, laptop for shool. Nothing else is worth it
>>
>>16928959
Thanks man
>>
>>16928920
Cheap laptop and Good desktop. The trend is moving towards external GPUs so eventually your crappy laptop will be able to run high end games anyways.
>>
Depends entirely on you.

My husband has a gaming desktop because he comes home from work and usually wants to stay home. Since he doesn't move around a lot a gaming desktop is ideal.

I'm a freelancer and like to work outside whenever possible, so I want a laptop. I use a nice one that can handle gaming (ASUS, good tech, just beware the bloatware), and has one of those new no-glare screens.

Both of our computers run similar in power. His desktop is a little better but the difference is minimal, just graphical if there ever is one.

Do you want to have to deal with moving stuff between two computers? If no, use the same laptop. Do you want to carry around a giant, heavy laptop all the time? If no, get a desktop.
>>
>>16929017
Which Asus do you have? I also bought an Asus gaming laptop and love it.
>>
>>16929030
ASUS G751J
>>
You go on /g/, find the thinkpad general thread and get one of those cheap ones for around $199.

Then logical increments website to get at least a "good" quality level pc.
>>
>>16929086
Ha same. Thankfully got used to lugging it around campus along with that brick of a charger.
>>
>>16929086
i regret buying mine. problems with its weight aside, shits fucking huge and theres no decent sized bag to carry it in. the coolers are nice though.
>>
>>16929268
I have a backpack that I carry it in. It's too big for the laptop sleeve in that backpack (though the sleeve is perfect for my art tablet) It's easier to carry it in that than in a messenger bag style of case.
>>
just make sure to build your own pc don't buy a prebuilt as they usually suck and can't be upgraded
>>
Don't fall for the gaming laptop meme, they almost never last as long as you need them to.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.