[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become less of a defeatist? I met this qt that checks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1453946615339.jpg (33 KB, 360x424) Image search: [Google]
1453946615339.jpg
33 KB, 360x424
How do I become less of a defeatist?

I met this qt that checks out literally everything I look for in a woman but I feel like she is way too good to be speaking to the likes of me, and I'm constantly running ideas in my head of how shes going to reject me, or how i'm reading this all wrong or anything else negative. I really dont like myself so I'm pretty sure thats a major factor in this, and this defeatism goes far beyond this girl, in that I always feel everything bad that has to do with me is automatically my fault and every time something good happens to me I cant accept that and find ways to diminish any good. I'm almost sure its because I'm so familiar with failure I'd rather fail since its something I'm accustomed to than succeeding because it'd be a strange experience. This isnt healthy and its really being detrimental to me right now.
>>
File: courage_wolf.jpg (86 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
courage_wolf.jpg
86 KB, 576x576
>>16928697
>How do I become less of a defeatist?

You have to man up a little.
>>
>>16928697
Start actually doing shit. Once you start actually succeeding anD getting rejected, you'll see success is worth the risk and rejection or failure isn't that bad.

Being terrified keeps you frozen. It's the worst possible thing to do. You don't get a win unless you play in the game, son.
>>
>>16928697
Are you me?
>>
>>16928777
Also not OP, but related question: I'm going to tell this girl I've been talking to that I have feelings for her, we talk nearly every day but we've only gone out once because she's busy with work or school a lot and our schedules conflict. I haven't seen her irl in nearly 3 weeks. How should I word it to not sound creepy or needy or desperate?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.