[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mortality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_inline_n1z8foPt5n1rdemoh.png (245 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n1z8foPt5n1rdemoh.png
245 KB, 500x730
So whenever someone dies I have a hard time crying of feeling huge amounts of grief, and I feel so bad about that. It's not like I didn't love the person; I do and I miss them a lot, but I just can never seem to feel as sad about it as other people. It might be because I'm an atheist and find death to be just a normal part of life, but I'm not so sure.

This fact has made other people, like my brother, very frustrated with me because I wasn't whaling on the ground for the passing of our grandmother. There was never a moment of sudden realization that she's gone, I just accepted it and went on with my life.

I also don't like going to cemeteries or focusing on death that much, and the idea of my own mortality isn't frightening either.

Is this normal?
>>
>>16928684

People react and process grief differently.

Normal? - Absolutely.
>>
>>16928684
HEYYYY I have that picture!
>>
>>16928699
thanks. that really took some weight off my chest.

>>16928707
google is our friend.
>>
>>16928684
wow, you're pretty heartless.
>>
>>16928684
It's actually physically harder for men to cry, due to biology: you don't need to prove anything to anyone though, all that matters is what you feel.
>>
>>16928931
i'm a female actually, but thanks for the support.
>>
>>16928684
I didn't cry when my grandpa died but I miss him very much. I guess I was just prepared for it. People die, you don't have to lose your head over it.

In fact people who are strong during these times can be a shoulder for those more affected to cry on. So it can be a good thing OP.
>>
>>16929432
that's true. when my grandma died i was right there when my mom got the call. I mean it was expected for the most part as she was in poor condition but it still hit my mom pretty hard. I was there for her the whole time as she tried to grasp the situation, and I give the news to the rest of the family since i didn't want her to have to repeat it over and over.

thanks, i didn't really think about that until now.
>>
>>16928684
My friend (what a normie would call a best friend) died not to long ago. I miss him and wish he could have experience more in his life, but I couldnt cry. My eyes were just as dry as they are now. The rest of his normie friends and most of my friends were crying.

I just realized it's something they feel differently than me, I dont feel the over emotional "sad" but i was feeling. I think those who cry profusely dont see death as a necessity to value life.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.