[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Science major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: staying alive chords.png (83 KB, 583x231) Image search: [Google]
staying alive chords.png
83 KB, 583x231
I'm a cs major, currently a freshman in college and I don't feel like I'm really learning anything. I am taking my second computer programming class but the teacher sucks. Is there anything I can do to teach myself or help improve my skills?
>>
Nope, nothing at all....
>>
>>16928674
What are you learning right now? What is your school's CS curriculum?
>>
>>16928674
>Is there anything I can do to teach myself

You do know how to read don't you?
>>
>>16928679
We're doing Java right now. Currently on fibonacci stuff. The curriculum has Computer Programming I, Computer Programming II, Computer Organization,Data Structures and Algorithms , Fundamentals of UNIX and C Programming, etc..... but I'm thinking of transferring.
>>
>>16928679
>fibonacci stuff

That is the very start of it. Lol I bet you haven't done even recursion.
Just wait a little. In my study the first semester was piece of cake because the only real challenge was math and math was never my enemy.

And we live in 21st century. The knowledge is a few clicks away from you. Just don't be lazy.
>>
>>16928674
You should probably rearrange the E major to say E #G B. It looks like the sharp belongs to the B. Same for the E dom 7th chord.

Also talk to a professor (not necessarily your current one) about extra programs they can come up with for you to practice on. That's what one of my profs is doing for me. But besides that, just figure out things you think would be cool to build and go ahead and start searching the internet for ways to build them.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.