[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: avatar.png (27 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
27 KB, 128x128
So, I've been making this point and click adventure game for a while now with three other guys. I am guessing we are a few months away from finishing it. I want to start putting the game out there and putting us out there are game developers. I am not sure where to even start. Articles online are confusing as fuck. Any advice?

In a related note, A girl from my country got invited to GDC. Mother fucking, she doesn't even make games. I want people to know that we exists at least.

Pic related, main character from game.
>>
What's your game about?
>>
>>16928522
It's about a demon who is trying to prevent rapture. It's got darkish humor, he goes from demon to demon existing in society (drug lord, corporate demon, obsolete nobleman demon etc) trying to find out how to do so then he goes to hell where the second section of the game takes place. Around 16 puzzles and 4 dialogue puzzles.
>>
>>16928557
Is it an RPG Maker game? Did you want to charge money for it or just put it out there?
>>
>>16928579
Nah, we are making it in Unity. We tried other engines but we weren't as good with anything else.

We do want to charge money for it. Since it is at least 3 hours long and we put in quite a bit of effort. Mind you, not a lot of money, it'll probably be around 3 to 5 $.
>>
>>16928608
lol no one's going to pay for your newgrounds tier shit
>>
I'm interested in game design, OP. Care to answer some questions?

As for your question; I'd make a website for it. Put it on Steam and any other retailers you can get in touch with or have a submission process, and finally I'd email some gaming journalists asking if they'd be willing to take a look at your game and if they have any advice.
>>
>>16930040
Forgot to mention; make a trailer, get a youtube account and post it there, on your website, and on steam. Also screenshots.

Also also, if you're selling it for money, go low. I mean real low. No one will buy a game they've never heard of from a dev they've never heard of. They might though if it's $1-5. I'd go for $1, or make it free as a way to build a rapport with the gaming industry and then sell your next game for a price.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.