[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I may be dealing with heartbreak in the near future. How do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1454220092057.png (50 KB, 180x133) Image search: [Google]
1454220092057.png
50 KB, 180x133
I may be dealing with heartbreak in the near future. How do I prepare myself emotionally
>>
Prepare an activity that can distract you from the pain. Something related to an hobby, or something physically satisfying.
>>
>>16927902
How do I motivate myself do actually do this activity? I have problems with motivation as it is, but that's nit the point right now.
>>
File: 1452513776180.gif (1024 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1452513776180.gif
1024 KB, 500x354
Bump
>>
File: 1454487865819.gif (34 KB, 972x1098) Image search: [Google]
1454487865819.gif
34 KB, 972x1098
One last bump
>>
Op, honestly it is jut going to suck. You have to remember one thing. It takes time. Okay? I promise you it does get better.
>>
File: 1450241514940.jpg (72 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
1450241514940.jpg
72 KB, 450x800
>>16929243
I just thought it'd be for real. I completely fell for her but now I've overheard her talk about fucking some other dude. She completely forgot we were supposed to do something this weekend as well. I'm just really at a loss, I've been having a fucking shit week
>>
You don't OP. You just deal with the aftermath. It'll take time, but you'll get by. I believe in you, you fucking faggot
>>
>>16930057
You think that's bad?

I was madly in love with a girl throughout high school, I finally gained the courage to ask her to prom and we went. We had fun, I paid for everything, etc. I took her on a date to the movies a few weeks later, dumb and naive innocence I just took her and dropped her off after.

Anyways, she was at a graduation party i was at a few weeks later and I came with my 2 best friends. 1 of them was pretty drunk but I was driving. Him and the girl both disappeared and I didn't know where they went. I went out to the backyard to sit down and heard them together in the master bedroom. My other friend came out, immediately heard it too and grabbed me and took me inside. We left the party, no idea how / when he got home. Shit ate me up for months and months. I started denying all of her plans which hurt like hell and didn't go to her going away party for college.

I'm over it by now, but yeah man, moral of the story there's no way to prepare yourself. Try and get a friend to hang out and console you, or just pick up a hobby or something that drives you. But expect sadness
>>
File: you da man.jpg (10 KB, 200x251) Image search: [Google]
you da man.jpg
10 KB, 200x251
>>16927882
"Your impending sense of doom is nothing but emotional residue - there is nothing wrong. Even when something is wrong, nothing is wrong. You deal with problems as they arise, no big deal."
-Oldguyfag
You are turning this into a problem bigger than it actually is. Unless your entire day-to-day life revolves around this person, just go back to what you used to do (activities that you have a passion for, but sacrificed in order to invest time/cash/effort into a relationship, and gain satisfaction through them. Then just wait for your emotions to become balanced again.
>>
>>16930318
I apologize for forgetting to close the parentheses.
>>
>>16930318
P.S. Don't withhold your anger/disappointment. Just express it in closed quarters, with a trustworthy friend.
>>
>>16930253
About the same thing happened to me in high school, I know about heartbreak. But just when I'd moved on and actually developped feelings for someone new, it seems it's going to be broken again. I can't catch a break.

>>16930318
>>16930321
>>16930327
I don't entirely agree with the quote, but I understand the message. I'm going to talk to this girl, but I don't expect to get anything out of it except, well, heartbreak. I'll give an update if this thread is still around at that time. I've got a friend I can chat to so that's alright and not a problem.
>>
>>16930578
>>16930253
And the worst thing is that I promised myself I wouldn't let this happen. I wasn't going to attach myself to anyone too much, but it just kinda happened and I didn't think it'd be a problem
>>
File: Lais-Ribeiro-Summer-Style-HM-03.jpg (225 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Lais-Ribeiro-Summer-Style-HM-03.jpg
225 KB, 800x800
>>16927882
Just don't be a bitch
>>
>>16930828
I tried and apparently it didn't work.
>>
>>16927882
Suffering is part of life. Isn't possible to avoid it. The real point is how laeg is your life? If you're life is too little so your problem will fill it completley. So as usually the real point is in ourself. How can I enlarge my life? The only way is to dedicate your life to Others.
>>
>>16931024
Suffering may be part of life but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck, my man. I just want to know how to make it suck less.
>>
Get yourself a gym membership, use the emotional breakdown as motivation, alcohol and/or weed also help,
>>
>>16931582
I really don't have the money for a gym membership
>>
>>16927882

Pray and watch this livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqANd2aw8Mc
>>
>>16932346
I appreciate but I'm not a religious person at all.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.