[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi Adv, How do you deal with emotional pain? I lost my gf of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hi Adv,

How do you deal with emotional pain?

I lost my gf of 2 years to another guy (I made mistakes and fucked up the relationship up to irrecoverable point). I was used to us getting back together, but I found out 2 days ago that she meet a new guy. I pleaded to talk to her and begged her to come back to be but it didn’t work.

All I can think about is about them together. I had never been heartbroken until today (I’m 25), and it hurts like a bitch.

What do you do when you are like this? I need to keep my life going, go to work and school, I can’t just get drunk for a week to ride the worst of it out, is it even possible to force yourself to think about something else? So far I can only feel a bit better by listening to non-romantic music and browsing shit, and it only lasts for a couple of minutes.
>>
Just gotta let time do its course. Have a huge emotional outlet, like burning all of her stuff for example, and don't bottle all in. I learned that from girls, becuz a good amount of them can get over their relationship after having a big shebang outlet, while their bf years later comes back begging for them.

I'm just saying from experiences
>>
>>16927721
Anything that I can do while at work? Do you know any betters to keep one self distracted or to reduce the times unwanted thoughts creep in? I have a flexible schedule so I could even go home, but I can't find anything to keep me distracted there either.
>>
Bumping for advice
>>
>>16927711
My mother once told me when I was a teenager and I lost my gf something about when she was broken up.

"One amazing guy I met broke up with me and I was dreadful. I cried for hours and even screamed. Then the next day I went to the movies with another guy and I felt happy again."

No mater how much you love them, or how long you loved them for, don't let them distract you from other amazing people to love.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.