[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone please explain to me what family is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Sorry if this is a very weird question, but I have come to realize, I dont know what family is.

As in, it does not make sense to me why someone would love someone else to death, or continue to deal with them if they are a nuisance.

I specifically cant understand why parents love their ungratefull children.

My dad told me I was disobedient, irresponsible, and I always got on his nerves, to the point of yelling and massive stress. When I asked him why he would not let me leave the house, or why he still even bothered if I was such a nuisance, he said because I was his son.

This is what I dont understand, WHY if you know someone is causing you harm, you dont tell them to go fuck themselves?

Why, why why, WHY THE HELL, WHAT THE HELL IS A FAMILY?
>>
You're his genetical offspring. Life is about reproducing, and have your offspring reproduce. Love is what makes people keep their children safe from harm until they mature, and can go on to reproduce
>>
>>16927362

OP, you probably have autism if this isn't something you understand innately. You are broken. This is not a mean post.
>>
>>16927362
society changes and the concept of family changes. there have been times throughout history where parents treated there children as though they where adults. your dad is clearly pissed off because he expects more from you, he still loves you.
>>
>>16927377

What I dont understand is WHY NOT LET THEM LEAVE IF THEY ARE MAKING YOUR LIFE HELL.

If I was such a bad son, then why did he have to keep me around, so many parents forget about their kids and are happy people.

I ran away from home because I was sick and tired of his yelling and coarseness. (he would yell over a rectangle shape. If he thought it was not a rectangle, he would go into a 3 hour long discussion about why he was right, even when HE SAID HE COULD NOT SEE CLEARLE, HE JUST THOUGH)

WHY WHY

WHY?

How does it feel to be in YOUR family?
>>
>>16927400
a lot of dads are like this. my dad gets pissed off for silly reasons. a lot of people have children with out being mentally prepared.
>>
>>16927362

I'm exactly the same OP, i've had a good upbringing but i never felt a strong sense of loyalty to family. My family is good to me but if they werent i wouldnt hesitate to cut them out of my life. Too many people i know deal with abuse/harassment/mooching from family members and stress themselves out over it because they feel they cant do anything to stop it.
>>
>>16927409

Pretty much my situation. I never had a good relationship with my dad, and my mother abandoned me when I was 5, dad took me in and things were ok for a while.

Shit hit the fan when I was around 10 or 11, and he thought I woujld not do my chores to get on his nerves. Turns out I might have adhd, bad memory is a sign of fucking adhd. (I'm not the one saying it, its both a psychiatrist and psychologist)

I dont know how to ge thtis feeling accross, but I feel better somewhat knowing I am not the only one, and it also saddens me to know I am not the only one.
>>
>>16927362
Here's a concept for OP to wrestle with:

All people, especially when speaking in high passion, often say extreme things they don't really mean.

Have you never, ever said in mid-argument "I hate you" or "I wish you were dead" or the equivalent, knowing even as you said it that you didn't really mean it, but were just blowing off steam?

The question is NOT what is it that keeps your father from throwing you out if you're such a pest. The answer is simple - love.

The more complex question is how someone like your father can get so frustrated that, in spite of the underlying fact that he loves you, he finds himself momentarily not liking you very much.
>>
>>16927456

I am quite sorry to say I have not.

You tell me.

You get a cold.

You ask me to get you medication.

I spend about 30 minutes at night walking between 3 farmacies to find the best price for the pills you asked me to bring.

I bring the best price to pill ratio I can find.

they were like 30 pills or so.

YOU START YELLING AT ME BECAUSE I DID NOT ASK IF THEY HAD A LARGER SIZE, AM I AN IDIOT, I say, I went to 3 pharmacies and I that was the best price, NO YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR NOT ASKING IF THEY HAD A BOX WITH MORE PILLS, ok, ill go righ tback and ill ask them if they have more, its not even 10, NO YOU IDIOT, THATS NOT WAHT ITS ABOUT.

He then got up to hit me, I had had enough of his shit and stopped him, I stopped his arm, he grabbed me from the other one and put me in a stranglehold.

Again, he has always incited violence, I have never hit them, or do so much as curse in front of them.

He told me to gofuck myself, and go to my room.

He then said he would not forget me and was angry for the rest of the month

You tell me, who sinned the greatest.

I have more.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.