[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: received_1700660173551909.jpg (11 KB, 320x285) Image search: [Google]
received_1700660173551909.jpg
11 KB, 320x285
Hey, anons. Can you guys please give me some advice with socializing with people? I really need to learn to socialize to avoid looking like a complete freak against other people. Thanks in advance - ;3
>>
>>16927330
Why cant you socialize ?
Whats making you anxious?
>>
I'm afraid of people thinking I'm a complete weirdo. - ;3
>>
Another fact is that some people say that I have a completely different sense of humor.. - ;3
>>
>>16927330
Practice. Get out of your comfort zone as much as possible. As long as you don't avoid people, and you're not a total asshole, most people will be down to socialize if you ask them. If they have scheduling issues, don't take it personally. Just keep trying and eventually it will become less scary and more enjoyable.
>>
>>16927410
So I should simply try to ignore the fact that I might seem like a complete weirdo to them? This kinda effects my self-image in a negative way, since literally all interactions I have end up in a weird way, and I believe since I pervieve myself as beeing weird in these situations I become even weirder in the next interaction. You know what I mean?.. - ;3
>>
>>16927838
Weird to me just seems like a relative term. What it usually comes down is weather a person or group likes or dislikes or is compatible your "weird". Try and find people that are similar to you and if it turns out they don't like your weird personality, keep on trying until you find someone that does. I have been in the same situation myself and when you find people that accept you, you start to not feel so weird with social interaction.
>>
>>16927330
Just pretend to be the host of your own talk show.
Mostly just get people to talk about themselves they fucking love that.
>>
>>16927360
>>16927368
It's probably that whinny attitude no one likes. Gotta be confident in yourself . Be positive to attract other positive people. Negative people push each other away. How it works ,yo.

>I'm afraid of people thinking I'm a complete weirdo. - ;3

There is no such thing as normal .You are a weirdo. You have to own that shit.

>Another fact is that some people say that I have a completely different sense of humor.. - ;3

Rock more than just one sense of humour. You can like anything from puns to dark as fuck humour I know I do.Then you can see what humour fits with who. Tell me a joke or post something funny let's get a taste of this humour.

Take these things into consideration but not too seriously don't try to hard. take it easy on yourself, you are only human. Who cares what people thing anyways . They are all judgement pricks.
>>
File: 1456347601944.png (384 KB, 866x960) Image search: [Google]
1456347601944.png
384 KB, 866x960
>>16927330
>>16927360
>>16927838
>>16927368

STOP.
WITH.
THE.
FUCKING.
EMOTICONS.
>>
Social Anxiety sufferer here
You are experiencing what I used to before i got a social worker.... Chances are the people you are sociallizing with don't think you're weird it's you who think you're weird the trick is to have a positive attitude about your self and gain more cofindence you're the only one that's holding your self back OP
>>
So, In a nutshell I should just be myself and don't give a single fuck about others opinion, right? - ;3
>>
>>16928030
This has worked for me in the past
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.