[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forced coming out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: NCODkh-605x305.jpg (23 KB, 605x305) Image search: [Google]
NCODkh-605x305.jpg
23 KB, 605x305
My close friends found out I'm gay through another very close friend who I believe made an honest mistake and I have to see them all this weekend. It was meant to be a weekend of celebrating but now I don't want to go. I'm not comfortable at all with my sexuality, I was very embarrassed when I first realised and I still am today, that's why I only confided in one friend. They are all very "alpha" guys, they play a lot of sports, fight, do drugs, hook up etc etc.

My friend said they were all shocked to hear it, probably because I recently had a gf but I've had other gay guys pick up on it, then they just stopped talking about it and moved on.

I'm so scared they're going to not want to be my friend any more or bully me or treat me like I'm toxic, I found out at 6 now It's almost 3am and I'm still extremely anxious, I know this is a good test of friendship but they're my only friends, I was the weird quiet kid in school and they were the "Chads" who for whatever reason befriended me and our friendships have lasted for years.

Has anyone had to deal with this before? I just don't want to lose my friends.
>>
If you lose them then they weren't worth keeping.

But I hope they accept you and if not I hope you find better friends soon. I was in a similar situation but because I'm female and feminine no one gave a fuck.
>>
>>16927249
Agree, if they leave you, they aren't good friends. Hope they understand
>>
>>16927238
You're still the same person they knew before they found out you're gay. It shouldn't matter to them.

If they have a problem with it, then as the other anons said, they aren't good friends. Though don't be offended if they don't know how to "act" around you. They might not know anyone else that's gay. Just remind them that you're still the same person and they don't need to do anything different.
>>
>>16927238
You should still be their bro.

If not you were never Bros to begin with.
>>
You should only be viewed as toxic if a- you were toxic to begin with,or b- being gay represent something toxic to them.

If you're a decent man, and your friends aren't religiously fundamentalist, you should be fine.

Expect jokes tho
>>
Act like they should have already known.

"What do you mean you didn't know I was gay? How could you have not known? Now give me another beer. Who do you have winning in your bracket?"
>>
>>16927238
Be their friend. If they ask about it treat them politely. If they're dicks about it treat them with forgiveness. If they shun you, they were never worth having.
>>
>>16927238
You won't lose any of your friends unless they're insanely insecure but ultimately that's not your problem. In all likelihood they'll probably talk about it a bit with you, which will be awkward, but act like normal people after the fact.

I'm not sure why you're anxious though, you were friends for years. Relax a bit and be yourself.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.