[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationships & Bipolar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: MRI-scan-007.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
MRI-scan-007.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
I suffer from bipolar disorder. I am also in a relationship.

I don't take any meds (if I had to get a diagnosis, I'd have to leave my field of work), but recently I started having a mixed state, and as a result mentally I've been all over the place.

I have a boyfriend who cares a hell of a lot about me. We've only been dating for a few months, but we've been friends for years. This is my first real relationship I've had in about 5 years. However, I can see that this is absolutely killing him. I don't feel that it's fair on him, but he always tells me that the benefit is that he can sleep safe knowing I'm okay/safe/not contemplating self harm or suicide.

I've hit a dilemma: I want to be with him, but at the same time, surely it would be best if I broke up with him, so that he wouldn't have to spend all of his time worrying about me (as he currently does)?

Help, what should I do?
>>
How do you know you have bipolar if you don't have a diagnosis? You sound like an attention whore to me and you should probably fuck off to tumblr.
>>
>>16927374
Spoken to a psychiatrist before who gave me a definite diagnosis. NHS cut the service before I could get any further funding/support for it, so I was left in limbo.

Great advice, though, friend.
>>
>>16927043

If you can't medicate or control your mood swings you should do what is best for your boyfriend, honestly leaving your field of work to be prescribed meds doesnt sound like the end of the world, it could mean a happy life for you and your partner. The alternative is to keep your job and potentially lose the love of your life, money isnt everything, friend.
>>
>>16927416
Thank you. That's probably the most logical thing to do. I absolutely love this job, I'm not in it for the money. I'll try to find out what the consequences might be without flagging myself up, and then make a decision.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.