[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a college student, a junior, and I am very lazy. I study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 841-Large.jpg (36 KB, 459x251) Image search: [Google]
841-Large.jpg
36 KB, 459x251
I am a college student, a junior, and I am very lazy. I study economics, a relatively difficult subject, and I never study at all. I never talk to my professors, and I never do well on problem sets or presentations, but I absolutely excel at essays (a few times even being pulled aside and praised for them), and I usually get A's on all of my exams.

Like I said, I never study; I cram the entire term worth of content in 12 hours leading up to the exam and somehow far surpass most of my peers (often times setting the curve). What is telling about this is that most of my peers study excessively and go to office hours and the like.

I am making this thread because today I just did what I assumed to be impossible. Knowing practically nothing about any of my 3 classes this term, I woke up at midnight yesterday and crammed for all 3 classes... because my exams were all back to back from noon to 6pm. Somehow, I aced every single one.

Perhaps I am being narcissistic, but I am starting to realize this might be an exceptional quality of mine and I am wondering if anyone can help me identify exactly what this quality implies.
>>
>I study economics, a relatively difficult subject
Kek
>>
>>16926879

Mathematical Economics. It's not engineering, no, but it's only a few steps down in difficulty when in comparison to most majors.
>>
You just happen to test well? I'm a Japanese/Psychology double major and I do the same thing for every test/essay. It's not really that special.
>>
It sounds like you are just going to a shitty college. Mind telling us which institute lets someone graduate with a degree when he has put in 12 hours of total effort into a course?
>>
>>16926913
University of Oregon, which has a fairly well respected program for Economics.
>>
Lol. You're proud of that? Grow up, OP. I'd feel like a disgrace if i was proud of an apparent ''natural talent'' rather than hard work. Your ''tryhard'' peers deserve a job, and probably will get it and you won't.

Lazy shit.
>>
>>16926920
If they let people pass only based on essays, and don't test your calculation abilities at all, well...
>>
File: pqt.png (186 KB, 361x344) Image search: [Google]
pqt.png
186 KB, 361x344
>>16926876
>economics, a relatively difficult subject
good thing you didnt post this on /sci/
>>
>>16926876
>I study economics, a relatively difficult subject,

Compared to what? Gender Studies?
>>
>>16926876
>I study economics, a relatively difficult subject

>I am making this thread because today I just did what I assumed to be impossible. Knowing practically nothing about any of my 3 classes this term, I woke up at midnight yesterday and crammed for all 3 classes...Somehow, I aced every single one.

Yeah...real difficult major you've got there.
>>
My exams are almost entirely math for the most part. However, my school does let in practically anyone and this greatly diminishes the quality of student and thus the difficulty of exams as well; there is no doubt about that.

Perhaps the most reasonable explanation here is that I'm not actually special, but am decently intelligent and my laziness landed me in a college that has less intelligent kids in general.
>>
>>16927038
That's usually the jump from high school to university. Many kids did jack shit during school and still got all As. Then at the uni, they are in for a shock when they actually have to study hard and still only get average grades. I was one of those kids.
>>
Switch to an actual difficult major. Problem solved.
>>
>>16926876
>I am starting to realize this might be an exceptional quality of mine and I am wondering if anyone can help me identify exactly what this quality implies.

Nothing much. Only that you're good at cramming. Come back when you write a proper thesis, or publish a proper scientific, peer reviewed work. There are millions and millions of people who are good at cramming like you. You're not exceptional at all.

I could brag too - I mastered advanced programming at the age of 13, when I authored many popular (100,000+ downloads) game mods, and various advanced software programs.
I also started studying economics, pure mathematics and logic at the age of 14. I got to the level of advanced economics which used formal game theory and DSGE models by the age of 16.
I now work on AI and advanced statistics software in my free time, as well as run my own profitable business.

You're not exceptional at all. There are lots of people who are good at cramming. It's a normal trait - I would be surprised if someone would be bad at it. It would indicate that something is wrong.
>>
>>16926876
College is just that easy. It's pretty disgusting really. I was able to do the same and it felt like the same old bullshit as always, not actual learning. That as well as the literal feminist brainwashing courses disheartened me so much that I decided to drop out. You're just paying for a degree basically.
>>
I can't tell about the implications of your aced tests, but I can tell your attitude is comparable to that of some 11 years old. Seeking validation and trying to prove you're worth something by telling us how little you study and how good grades you get? I don't know anon, maybe you are a little bit insecure?
>>
>>16927297
"I would be surprised if someone was bad at it" lmao
>>
>>16926884
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>can't do basic differential equations
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.