[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I'm interested in seeing how many days apart couples
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1446868816811.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446868816811.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hey I'm interested in seeing how many days apart couples regularly go on here. I've noticed my girlfriend of 3 years has been seeing her friends a lot more than ever before, meaning after she is finished with her studies/work she will go see her friends several days in a row over me and cancelling coming to see me. I'm not used to this so I'm having some insecurities about this, she asked me to hang out tomorrow after 2 straight days of cancelling on me and instead of taking her up on it i told her nicely that i already made plans for tomorrow with my friends (which i didnt) and she seemed perfectly happy about it.

I know lying to her was wrong, i just didnt want her thinking she can just pick and choose like that, and honestly part of me was hoping she would care at least a little that it will be over 3 days since the last time we even saw each other.

I know 3 days is practically nothing, but its out of the ordinary for us so it feels a lot longer.
>>
>girlfriend asks you to hang out, which is what you want
>you decide to shittest her
What the fuck did you hope to gain from this?
>>
>>16926708

I get this completely but remember that the last two days she has asked the very same thing and both times only hours before we organized to see each other she has cancelled and seen friends instead. There is no guarantee she wouldnt do the same thing tomorrow and I guess I didnt want to be turned down a third time.

I'm not saying what I did was the best course of action but as far as she knows Im perfectly happy and I feel like I should just get over this.
>>
>3year relationship
>worried about eing apart for 3days

She has a life outside of just you andher leave herbe
>>
>>16926724

This is my understanding too, the reason it got to me a little is because we have never gone this long without seeing each other in 3 years, and normally I wouldn't have a problem but being cancelled on 2 days in a row was a little frustrating, I didn't voice my frustration at all and was completely approving and nonchalant about the whole thing, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't get to me a little.

Also having a life outside of myself is perfectly fine with me, however these plans she made over ours were last minute and basically a replacement of what she originally intended to do. I feel like this point is worth noting.
>>
>>16926743
Hey bro I reckon just leave it because the more you look into stuff like this the more frustrated she gets meaning shes more likely to hang with her fieends and not you

If she does this for another month or two come back here but other wise suck it up for a bit
If you winge about her blowing you off youll be a shit father because when you have a kid youll have to take shit from the kid and your wife but you being a dad will have to suck it up and not give a shit
>>
>>16926751
Basically what this anon said. You could also try and think of a casual nice way to bring it up with her after a month or so

Or plan a short vacation/trip together to make it more interesting, like a weekend somewhere relaxing. Long relationships do take a bit of work to keep it being nice and not just routine every time, but you probably already know that after three years lol
>>
>>16926760

Yeah good point, I haven't brought up anything with her or shown her that it upset me or anything so as far as she knows there are no issues, I will wait and see how this plays out before making the decision to bring it up with her cause I know its easy to read into things and bringing anything negative up is usually not worth the drama and shitty moods it usually puts both parties in.

Now i'm just stuck with the matter of making plans with a friend tomorrow like I had told her.. haha
>>
>>16926773
Well you can always go to a quiet café, take a good book with you, and tell her you had a good time out with your friend
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.