[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm very socially conscious and very "woke" or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
I'm very socially conscious and very "woke" or whatever. I know a lot of nasty facts about life, society, etc. I think about it a lot, and it makes me miserable. Nothing really alleviates that misery. Not being an annoying advocate online, not being an irl advocate, not spending more than I can afford on good charities, not volunteering, not lifestyle changes or careful consuming, NOTHING.

So I've been trying to just not give a fuck, and doing pretty well. I still have the same opinions, I just prioritize other things, usually bullshit constructs I've been trained to like, and worry about myself first. It's making me happier, but I still feel guilty.

Anyone who has been through similar have advice? Am I doing the best thing? Am I a horrible sell out?
>>
I mean, that's fine. If you do what you can when you can, there's no problem. If you feel guilty, that's because you know what's right. But as long as you take a few seconds every now and then to do it, you should get rid of that feeling eventually.
>>
>>16926480
You have a messiah complex.

The way to live a good life: Live simply. Do good to those around you. Avoid doing bad. Lead others setting an example with your actions, rather than with rhetoric. Let the good be good and the bad be bad. Do not worry about saving the world, and focus on being a good person.

Whenever one form of suffering has been conqured, another will replace it. This is the law of the universe.
>>
Listen to Alan Watts. He's had those same thoughts you are experiencing.
>>
>>16926480
>woke
lol
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.