[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Pay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_3860_KBxdw7_848403336.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3860_KBxdw7_848403336.gif
3 MB, 480x270
Hey /adv/ I'm joining the Air Force and I have a couple of questions. See, how does the pay thing work? Do I get a check, does the military set me up a bank account?

If so, I owe a bank money from when I was 16, about 5 years ago. Because of that I can't open a bank account anywhere. So what happens for someone like me?
>>
when the military finds out your enlistment will stop

sorry
>>
>>16926332
Sorry anon.

But think about it this way - You shitty decisions when you were a minor (somehow) are keeping you from 4 years of absolute suck.
You're not missing anything and are FAR better off going to college.
You don't get laid in the AF, you don't get any of the things they say you'll get except a uniform that feels a lot like county orange.
>>
File: usaf camo.jpg (48 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
usaf camo.jpg
48 KB, 500x265
>>16926344
>you don't get any of the things they say you'll get except a uniform
and even then...
>>
>>16926352
>those stupid color boots
Dirtbag.
>>
>>16926344
>just go to college
Fucking seriously? Like everyone just has $50k give or take? Like going into tens of thousands of dollars into debt is a great idea? It's the fucking Air Force, not the army, you get treated like a human being. You know a good way to go to college for free without going into debt for the next 30 years of your life? Joining the fucking military.

Op, you're supposed to open a bank account wherever you want and they will pay you on the 1st and 15th by direct deposit, but they will check your credit before you enlist, so if your credit is FUBAR then you're not getting in, most likely.
>>
>>16926332
>>16926344
Soooo... Which is true, you guys? Or
This dude?
>>16926538

What if I pay my debts?
>>
>>16926538
move to Europe. 2000$ for moving, but in some countries, they PAY YOU for studying in their unis.
>>
Hi, im joining the army but a couple air force recruiters have spoken to my jrotc class before. You should know that since the air force is doing major downsizing they are very selective compared to other branches. How big is your debt? Can you not pay any of it back? I would speak to your recruiter, they should help figure it out.

I will say that the army will take anyone including people with debt; although, the quality of life is way shittier. With all branches you can open a bank account with USAA
>>
>>16926621
I only owe 500, but I just lost my apartment, my job, everything. I'm temporarily living with my mother, I mean, the debt isn't excessive, but I have no income at the moment.
>>
>>16926566
You can pay your debts, but it takes your credit score years to recover. You got to check your credit and talk to your recruiter.
>>16926579
So it's just that easy to move to Europe. Show up on a plane and get a center to college with a full ride. Are you retarded?
>>
When I enlisted in the Air Force I had lots of debt including bank debt. They just made me contact everyone and setup payment plans. Once I proved I was willing and currently trying to handle my debt a higher up signed off on my enlistment. They will make you set up direct deposit to get paid.

I also couldn't setup a bank account so I got one of those debit accounts like you can get at Walmart. I use "serve" by American Express. You can also probably be approved for a capital one 360 account online.

Gobank
American Express serve
American Express bluebird (Walmart)

Those are a few debit accounts you can get without a credit check.

Seriously go talk to a recruiter.
>>
>>16926692
Also, my debt was up over 5000$ and I wasn't able to get approved for an apartment. Your recruiter should be able to help you if he/she is good and honest. Study for your asvab, I got a 90 so they were really really keen on working with me.

The Air Force rocks btw
>>
>>16926310
Move to australia
Go to mines
Spend rest of life digging coal
Earn upto 250K per year
All profit for genuine hard work

http://iminco.net/mining-job-salaries-how-much-can-you-earn-mining-careers/

Australia is slowly getting better internet so life will be bearable
>>
>>16926692

Thanks for that bro, i think I'll go tomorrow.
>>
>>16926710
Any more questions? I'll be on adv for a bit.
>>
>>16926707

>mining boom is over
>no jobs for any unskilled workers
>only jobs going are for positions requiring years of experience
>I've tried
>>
>>16926713
What can I expect from basic?
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>16926793
>What can I expect from basic?

Just the basics.
>>
You get monthly pay that is direct deposited inti your bank account.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.