[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand how life can be so cruel... I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: wVgGdnV.jpg (95 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wVgGdnV.jpg
95 KB, 960x720
I don't understand how life can be so cruel...

I feel as if I have no purpose or desire in life.
Where do these things come from and how can I discover my true passion or desires.
I can't recall anything that I've been considered talented at other than golf or messing around with technology.

I want to become a developer, whether it's software or web based. However, I can't seem to focus on my goals and practice to learn the material. I struggle when it comes to concentrating due to my ADD and it makes living very painful at times.
Are there any developers out there that struggle with ADD and/or other disabilities?

I just want to give up because almost everything seems to go against me. Why should I continue to put up with this day-to-day misery of barely getting by with schoolwork and having aspirations of becoming a developer.

ez painless ways to end it?
>>
bullet to the brain. it will hurt for a few seconds and youre gone.
>>
>ez painless ways to end it?

Tons I imagine.

Among them I would choose the Shotgun to the brain, so try that. But be sure to aim at your head, not from your chin or you could end up surviving.

Why did you bother to writte all that shit if you just wanted to ask for easy ways to kill yourself?

Next time dont waste our time and go straight to the point.

Good luck in the next life or wherever you go.
>>
>>16925623
okay aside from that how am I supposed to cope with all this shit?

I want to become a developer but I have hard time focusing and doing work...
>>
Tie a rope around your neck, go to a tall bridge (about 20 feet or higher) tie the other end to the bridge and jump. It will painlessly snap your neck.

My advice though is not to do it. Call friends, family, talk to people on the Internet about developing, call the suicide hot line, just stick through it. Your situation will get better. Get some meds for your add, that shiud help
>>
Yeah I've been on meds before but I don't think it's really working because I still get distracted by things.

Does this mean I need to either switch to different meds or increase dosage?
>>
File: lememe.jpg (47 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
lememe.jpg
47 KB, 500x483
>>16925640

Oh so what you want is advice on how to keep on living anon.

You should have said that, instead of requesting easy and painless ways out.

I would like to examine and pick apart your post.

>I feel as if I have no purpose or desire in life.
>how can I discover my true passion or desires

But then, later on, you proceed to tell us that you would like to become a developer.

Does becoming a developer dont fit in any of those categories you claim to lack?

What is the true importance behind your purpose of becoming a developer?

>I can't seem to focus on my goals and practice to learn the material

Well you say you have ADD. Question is, do you really have it? Or is this another one of those ''self diagnose'' bullshit things?

>I just want to give up

Well you already did.

>Why should I continue to put up with this day-to-day misery

I want you to explain this to me as briefly as you can. Please think of something, whatever you want, that justifies your own existence.
>>
>>16925610

>learn the material
>software developer

What the fuck.

You picked a career which is nothing but
>figure out what I want to do (no material needed)
>break it into steps (no material needed)
>pull up the docs for your language of choice and find out which command does thing-you-want (internet connection required)

If you can't do this, you may as well just go flip burgers.
>>
>>16925739

Dude claims to have ADD, clam down anon and try to offer some help next time.
>>
>>16925755

You must have ADD, too, since the entire point of my post is that no part of developing requires a long attention span or learning of any kind.
>>
>>16925767

Calm down anon.

Theres, obviously, some learning to do, else everybody would be a software / web developer.

Of course, what you are saying is nothing but a dumb fallacy, that tries to imply that such habilities are ingrained in ones mind.

In other words. What the fuck are you trying to say? Are you dumb or something?
>>
>>16925775

>career of choice for uneducated low-caste Indians that want out of the country on an H1B
>"else everybody would be a software / web developer"

wew lad
>>
File: WEW_lad.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
WEW_lad.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>16925778

>ignoring the point of the post completely
>straying as much as you cant from what was presented

Whats next anon? Smug anime loli faces?

Anyways, of course you are wrong in what you are saying and, obviously, theres some learning to do in order to do software / web development.

Cheers.
>>
>true importance of becoming a developer

I've been interested in technology and computers ever since middle school. I was always the one people went to with technical problems which still persists to this very day. However, after being annoyed from mundane technical installations and repairs, I've stumbled upon programming in my late high school days and thought it was really fascinating.

>do I really have ADD

Yes, I fucking have ADD. I was officially diagnosed during grade school by multiple doctors.
Another thing the doctors concluded was that I also have a learning disability with written expression and auditory processing.

>giving up

I don't want to but trying to stay determined is really hard...

>existence

We shouldn't existence.
>>
>>16926025
*exist
>>
>>16926025

bump
>>
>>16925610
Don't worry about ADD en developer, I have it as well.

Yes, you can easily loose focus, but you are to "context-switch" very fast which is a huge plus as a developper.

When things get a bit noisy at the office, I plug my earbuds in with some chill music and get ultra focussed.

If you are like me, learn by example and not pure theory.
>>
>>16925707
>>16926601
Oh and I just ditched my meds, they didn't seem to do anything. (both rilatine & concerta)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.