[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please I need ways to stay fully mentally immersed for hours.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Please I need ways to stay fully mentally immersed for hours. I need to be NEET for 3 months and have nothing to do, I can't leave the house, I'm bedridden. I need time to move fast, and for that I need to stay fully occupied mentally.
>>
Netflix and reading
>>
>>16925473
Netflix, anime, do you have any videogame consoles at your disposal? How good is your computer/laptop? I can recommend some games. Rogue-likes can consume hours and hours of your day for instance.
>>
>>16925473

Play an autism game, like Pokemon or Terraria. Each can easily sink several hundred hours in 8 hour bursts.

With Pokemon, your time would involve:
>determine a team, possibly using spreadsheets and damage calculators
>breed the team in-game to have idea stats and or be kawaii as fuck
>train the team
>grind post-game points to give them the proper equipment and moves
>test them online against others
>refine team lineup and repeat

Terraria would be more like:
>collect equipment
>establish base
>fight boss
>repeat until you find neat blocks
>build an autism base of style
>back to square one

If video games aren't your style, and you're not the binge-watching or "heavy reader" type, consider chess. There's plenty of websites where you could get several dozen games running at once, and pouring over the strategies/playing several turns in advance could take up a lot of hours.

Last resort: creative writing. Let cabin fever be your muse.
>>
>>16925473

a balance between creative and leisure activities.

sit down and make a list of every show you wanted to watch. but never watch more than four episodes of the same show consecutively. take breaks using other shows. video games are good too

make sure you take the time to also read. staring at a screen all day will burn you out.

have someone take you for a walk once a day. its a hassle but say its the only joy you get. you need to go outside and see the sun. even if you just get wheeled otu to sit outside, you NEED to go outside at least once a day if possible. it will make things 1000% more bearable

get friends to come over and talk, play video / board games, whatever. just make sure people come to visit. meet strangers if you have to. but make it so.

take an online class in ANYTHING so you are studying a bit.

decide to either write a book, a screenplay, draw a comic, or something in that time. this will give oyu a creative outlet and something to work towards instead of an endless haze of tv.
>>
>>16925473

normally i dont advise mmorpgs, or any online games cuz they dont have any payoff, but hwen physical activity is limited it might be best to invest in one for at least two hours a day. even if its just urnescape or some shit
>>
You're seriously living my dream. Dude, get books (nonfiction and fiction). Learn about the world. Read wikipedia articles on any and all things that you're curious about. Play computer or video games. Listen to tons of music. Write. Draw. Shit post on the Internet.

Seriously, how often do you get the chance to do nothing and not have to feel guilty about it? It could be great.
>>
>>16925473
See how much math you can learn on Khan Acadamy
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.