[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No matter what I feel ugly, even when people come to me and say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: shirtless guy.jpg (57 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
shirtless guy.jpg
57 KB, 498x750
No matter what I feel ugly, even when people come to me and say I am decent looking I still think I am an ugly person

Why does it bother me so much? Why do I need and live for validation from other people so bad? I dont even know why I worry about it, this is high school girl tier problems. I have far too much penis and age to worry about something as trivial as this
>>
>>16925384
>Why does it bother me so much? Why do I need and live for validation from other people so bad?

Because you have anxiety and low self-esteem.
>>
>>16925470
>anxiety

is my problem really that serious? isnt anxiety used just as often as depression when describing being sad/distressed?
>>
OP, don't fall for buzzwords like "anxiety" or "body dysmorphia." Your feelings of inadequacy aren't the result of a mental disorder - rather, the "disorder" bit is a result of your inadequacies.

You're probably an above-average looking dude: you're experiencing bad faith due to the realization that you aren't EXTREMELY good looking, which is more common than you might think. It's a malicious psychological trap: the pill of perceived inferiority is hard to swallow. My advice would be to identify something you love to do - something not at all contingent upon validation / admiration from others - and do it relentlessly. If no such thing exists, you have a problem.
>>
>>16925587
ill try that, I never really had any hobbies outside of vidya

thanks for helping, Anon
>>
Who cares what people think. What do girls think?
>>
>>16925632
Ive had a few girls tell me Im attractive but recently this girl kind of rejected me and the only way I could think why she rejected me was because I was ugly

this led to me thinking every problem in my life was related to how I look and made me think I was ugly
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.