[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I go to a public university in California, me and four others
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: EhJeeZC.jpg (411 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
EhJeeZC.jpg
411 KB, 1224x1632
I go to a public university in California, me and four others were written up for the smell of marijuana from the dorm room we were in. To be clear, yes, we smoked a joint in there. Thought we were careful enough, guess not.

A cop came in first, didn't see anything lying around, and honestly, he was pretty lax. In terms of actual law enforcement, nothing bad happened, he just talked to us, didn't see anything lying around, all there was was a smell. No searching at all. My friend's roommate was in the room when this occurred, so my friend made note to the officer that his roommate was not involved at all (which he *wasn't), so he took both their names, but that's it. We didn't actually confess to anything in there, although you could make a good guess that we had smoked though. After that, an RA came in with some other official from the school. Took all our names and we're going to be contacted at some point and will have to attend a meeting, probably after spring break I'd imagine.

So, I'd like to know how this is looking for us? What do we do? Keep quiet? Fess up (doubt this is the right call)?

Thanks!
>>
>>16925262

keep quiet. dont smoke for awhile, just cuz there might be some stupid drug testing clause in the schools paperwork.

they will likely just send you to some stupid class type thing about the dangers of drug use.

if i were you id just go get a medical card. they cant say shit if its medicinal
>>
>>16925273
I actually have a medical card, so I'm gonna say I smoked while off-campus. Other people I'd imagine can say either they don't remember or they walked in and it already smelled.
>>
>>16925288

thats always an option its a college campus of course. but if you have a medical card, double check what your campus rules are.

then put in an anonymous call to someone asking about the rules in relation to your medical card.

plan your next move accordingly.
>>
>>16925306
>double check what your campus rules are.

I go to a UC, the rules are that there's no smoking at all on campus. If I do it off-campus it's perfectly legal. Smoking medical marijuana inside the dorms however, violates school policy.
>>
>>16925322

then you smoked elsewhere and came back yeah. it was especially pungent, but legal. you'll try to stick to the less smelly strains, but no promises, cant really tell whats gonna smell.
>>
>>16925262
Depends on how liberal your college is overall and how lax your housing crew is. If they didn't find anything they can't enforce any laws outside of whatever the school can and wants to do. My guess is that you'll have some gay meeting with your RA. They may have people check your room unexpectedly so I would keep your stuff elsewhere in case they bring a dog, unfortunately. If it were bad they wouldn't have waited till after your vacation
>>
My roommate used to be an RA, so I asked him.

You're already fucked, and coming clean is the best thing for it. As he put it, "it's not court." The fact that a cop came in and smelled it means you're getting punished. As an aside, your friend saying "my roommate isn't involved" is enough to fuck over any chance you had of denying it, so bitch at him for ratting everyone out when you get a chance.

On the bright side, the punishment probably won't be big. Check your handbook or whatever to be sure, but around here the usually punishment is 2-10 hours of community service and a drug prevention course. Unless you planned to do med or law, there won't be lasting effects.
>>
>>16925387
>As an aside, your friend saying "my roommate isn't involved" is enough to fuck over any chance you had of denying it, so bitch at him for ratting everyone out when you get a chance.

FUCK, didn't think of that. Maybe I can say they were with me when I smoked? He wasn't around anyone when the smell occurred? Maybe that's what my friend could have meant when he "took the bullet" for him?
>>
>>16925401

Seriously, man, you need to give up. Weed is illegal in my state, and RAs still let it slide unless they're forced into it. The safest assumption is that, in addition to the RA and cop, there's at least one witness living on your floor that has ratted you out once and will be willing to give an official statement on it.

You can fight it if you want to, but you're better off admitting guilt and getting a lesser punishment, especially since it sounds like you have a friend who's the kind of person to tell the truth.
>>
>>16925420
I feel what you're saying. The only thing that worries me about this is what to say about whose weed it is and where it came from. I don't want to take the bullet on that. Are there repercussions for being the one that supplied the kush? Or can we just say we don't remember whose it was? Really not sure on this one.
>>
>>16925420
Get everything out of your room and say that you smoked weed elsewhere and came back. They can't do anything unless they have proof. A smell isn't legitimate evidence that you were smoking in the room. If you just say you smoked somewhere off campus you'll get a slap on the wrist at worst. But if you get caught with shit in the room you're done
>>
>>16925427
You don't have to tell them that if you don't want to. They may manipulate you into telling them where it came from by "offering to coppropeate if you talk" but if you don't want to tell them you have no legal obligation to.
>>
>>16925441
That or I can be like, "yo i was hella lit (medicated) senpai i don't even remember".
Maybe no one even remembers whose it was.
>>
>>16925427

I'm no expert on California's laws. Like I said, I'm in a state without legalization, so I can't even extrapolate. That said, I would definitely consider taking the bullet. Sharing your medical weed seems like a great way to get the card revoked, and, from what you said, they don't actually have proof who was involved in the smoking. The only thing they have a statement on is that it wasn't the roommate. If distribution is still a crime in Cali, and I assume it is since you have to have a card, there might be a good reason to take the fall. At worst, your friends appreciate that you saved their hides. At best, you just saved yourself from getting charged for distribution. Hit those lawbooks.
>>
>>16925450
Just say you don't remember and rarely smoke let alone buy weed and you don't have any information to offer them. They're gonna be pushy and belittling just be polite and rational but don't crack
>>
>>16925457

* and hope none of your friends rat you out because if they do and you were holding out, you're screwed twice as hard
>>
>>16925457
I'll say that, if no one knows where the weed came from it's not a problem.

Other than that, yeah, it's not court. They're not out to completely fuck us, I'm pretty sure the actual involvement with the law stops with the cop showing up and talking to us, now it's within the university's jurisdiction.
>>
So if we're gonna play dumb, what kind of excuse do we have for the fan being turned around and pointed out the window?
>>
>>16925262
keep doing drugs and drop out of uni
>>
>>16925322
I bet its uci
>>
>>16926107
these rules apply to all UCs as of 2014 or some shit like that
>>
>>16925262
You're not going to get arrested.

The rest depends on how "zero tolerance" your school is.
>>
"no we didnt smoke pot in there, no we dont have pot in our dorm. i have no idea why there was a smell coming from the room, maybe the people next to me were smoking, i honestly have no clue"

what the fuck are they gonna do?

>well why did you say that your friend had nothing to do with it
"my friend is really afraid of cops and his parents are super hard core asian christians, if they even suspected him of being stopped by a cop, they'd beat him"

what the fuck are they gonna do?

you just lie and act ignorant. they have absolutely no proof, smelling can be so god damn vague. say there was a fucking dead skunk outside for all i care, they cant prove shit one way or another.
>>
>>16925831
say it was fucking hot in your room, and you were blowing hot air out the window. say that you didnt fucking notice the fan, and you just place it wherever. this is not a fucking murder trial.
>>
>>16926159
Yea but only uci would be uptight like that

Uci a shit
>>
>>16926750
Honestly it's probably smarter to just be vague rather than outright lie, lying could probably fuck you up a whole lot worse if something goes bad. Whereas if you're vague they can't say anything. Some "we were hanging out in the room"s would work, maybe some "I can't answer that"s if we really need to.
>>
>>16925387
since he has a card theres no need to "confess" the lie suggested above will do

>bitch at him for ratting everyone out when you get a chance.
this. what a little faggot

Don't smoke in your dorm again if you want to get your degree.
>>
>>16926750
this

telling the truth is such an idiotic move
>>
>>16925262
>Smoking in the dorm
Faggot I would have ratted you out too. Fuck you.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.