[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it seems that I can never be dedicated to one thing or see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Hsien-Ko.png~c200.png (64 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Hsien-Ko.png~c200.png
64 KB, 200x200
So it seems that I can never be dedicated to one thing or see it through to the end (or at least, to where I desire to be in).
I always end up involved in 10 or so different interests or hobbies and I never get respectfully skill at any of them. Whenever I start a project it rarely gets finished

Anyone have advice so that I can actually see things through to the end, or maintain the dedication so I can get decently skilled at things?
>>
>>16925231

stop worrying about being good or great. focus on getting done. greatness comes along hte way. it develops. but you actually gotta do it. and finishing something is a good indicator.

start small. wanna be a godo artist? sit down and write a one issue comic. then draw all of it. its finished. your done.

now plan a six issue mini series. plan to do one issue every two month to be done in a year (but each little issue finished will feel like another victory)
>>
>>16925231
1. pick one thing

2. make a schedule of when to do this thing

3. Stick to this schedule, dont over work or underwork at it

4. Slowly increase time you spend in hobby over a large amount of time

5. Set small, attainable goals towards that hobby

6. continue on until hobby is mastered and or set into daily life
>>
it's the motivation-discipline dilemma. simple answer is get both. people who love running still run even when they don't really feel like it. people who are in marriages don't love each other as much as they did when they started but that doesn't mean it has to end in divorce.

it's a pretty common thing for this generation. instant gratification, failure to delay rewards, "do what you love" mentality that looks down on exerting effort, accepting mediocrity, you get the idea. it might be connected to you being spoiled in some way. maybe you spoil yourself for doing nothing. you're a middle class first worlder so your life's always been full of safety nets.

you've got to stick to your goals and remember why you wanted to do it in the first place. set your own standards and stick to them. actually try to feel bad when you fail. feel good but not content when you make progress. just keep moving.
>>
>>16925231
Ask someone for help or work with someone on it.
It's much easier to focus on something if you inow it will mean something to someone or that they're counting on you.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.