[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT how did ya ended up here m8?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 83a.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
83a.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
How did you came to know /adv/?
I mean when did you thought about sharing deep problems with unkown anons?
Were you already using 4chan? If so how did ya met 4chan?
>>
I started coming to 4chan in 2007 when I was 12. An older friend introduced me. I came on adv for the first time like 3 years ago or something.
>>
I first started using the internet at 11 in 2006 to try and find anime, and instead I stumbled across 4chan.

I started using /adv/ recently, for the past year or so. It's depressing but addicting.
>>
File: 1456173324365.jpg (375 KB, 600x873) Image search: [Google]
1456173324365.jpg
375 KB, 600x873
>>16924938
I saw some idiots on ijji GunZ forums saying 4chan was down around 2006 and never left

I...I really liked Shoop da Whoop!
>>
>>16924990
Pegasus, man.

Where ya been, man?
>>
I first came here around the time Katawa Shoujo was released. Found /adv/ not long after that.
>>
>>16924938

i bounce around the boards a bit. /b/ was my homebase, but it goes through waves of having nothing remotely interesting. ive done /tv/ and /x/ but lately im on /fit/ for fitness reasons, and here because i work in the self help industry, and i tend to be obsessive so i come home and try to help people more.

but being here has started to make me a bit more brutal and less coddly and positive about the advice. might be time for a breal
>>
>>16924938
Been floating around the boards for years. YEARS.

Just recently finished maturing as an adult at 25 and it's like I can see the matrix. The shit people post on here is nothing. Can solve it in a paragraph.

It's sort of fun.
>>
>>16924938
I found 4chan because I heard some celebrity nudes were released here, and I was trying to find them...never did but I found /adv/ now my fav board.
>>
>>16925236
God you are the worst type of person
>>
Once I was with some friends getting high and their neighbor came over. He was about 23 I guess and he started talking about 4chan. I was the only one that had ever heard of it and only because I was reading about the Elisa Lam case here. This guy then went on to confess that he'd been coming on here since he was 14 and he'd look at /rek'd/ shit all the time and he was describing it to us and I got super-creeped out and left.. (to be cont.)
>>
>>16924938
friends told me about it a few years ago.
>>
(cont.) For some reason that guy stayed in my mind because I couldn't decide if he were a bad person for looking at that shit and enjoying it or a good person for looking at that shit and trying to desensitize himself to it. I still can't decide.

But still I didn't come on here until I met someone that I thought might actually be in the former category. I thought this guy might be a sociopath/sadist and so I asked him if he ever came on here. And he looked at me with an ugly sneer and said, "EVERY day" like it was nothing... (tbc)
>>
>>16924938
I came to 4chan when I was 16 in 2008. My sister had been raving on about encyclopedia dramatica (found through the fanfic "My Immortal"). It wasn't long until we found /b/.

I used to give advice in a yahoo forum, and liked the idea of giving advice to randoms.

I think I was 18 or so when I started looking at other boards than /b/ and realized how different they are. Found /adv/, started posting, been posting since. This is pretty much the only board I use daily. I don't go on /b/ anymore because it got repetitive and boring. I find /adv/ relaxing.
>>
I came like a minute ago.
First impresion?
A bunch of depressed people and a bunch of other dudes.
It's been 1 min so can't really judge yet
>>
>>16924938
I've been using the site since 2010, after being banned from most traditional forum websites.

I came to /adv/ because I visited once and realized it's a hidden gem. Every time I visit a smaller board, I get less and less reason to return to /v/, /tv/, and /sp/ because the userbase is normally better on these boards.
>>
like a lot of other s/adv/irgins, i frequented /b/ and a few other boards prior to coming to /adv/. Girl troubles brought me here, and i see a few interesting threads here now and again
>>
>>16924938
A friend showed it to me back around 2008, and well, /b/ kept me coming back. Eventually drifted to /r9k/, which was where all the relationshit went before moot decided to make a dedicated /adv/ board
>>
>>16925235
This. The problems these people have are laughable at least 80% of the time.
>>
Was frequenting an all female forum that got invaded by /r9k/. Looked up r9k and checked out all the other boards while on 4chan. /adv/ became fave
>>
It was last year when I found this place. I've been of 4chan for 5 years too. This place helps me advance in life, and gives me great advice in my life. Also, it's possibly the only board without any obvious shitposts, so there's that
>>
File: 1456285635691.jpg (143 KB, 588x586) Image search: [Google]
1456285635691.jpg
143 KB, 588x586
>>16924938
I was part of that glorious internet generation and when this site became a meme I came here and went on /b/. That lasted for like a week and then fast forward 8 years and I came back (didn't like fb). So i check out the other boards and /adv/ is pretty fucking funny in a dark humor way. Buy I do actually post advice. I just shitpost when the OP is a little bitch who doesn't want any advice.
>>
i go to lots of the boards, i haven't been here a huge amount of time but i mostly use /adv/ as a board to go to when nothings happening on the others, the general tone is slightly more friendly than the other boards so it can be refreshing
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.