[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found out today that I failed the pre-nursing exam that I had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Found out today that I failed the pre-nursing exam that I had to pass to get into the radiography degree program I've been planning to take since last fall. I scored in the 94th percentile overall, but since I didn't get at least 50th percentile in one of the subjects, I failed the test regardless. What upsets me the most is that I have made so many plans since high school to try to improve my life (and my fiance's), but my plans fail every time. It took me 5 years to get an associates degree because I hate school and struggle with depression and anxiety. I get overwhelmed very easily and end up taking practically every other semester off to deal with my mental health. I actually score very well on tests, but I don't have the perseverance for school.

I honestly don't want to go back and get another degree, but the one I already have (liberal studies) is totally useless. I had intended to transfer and get a bachelors, but then, there's another failed plan.

I don't know what I want to do with my life. Nothing has ever really stuck out to me as the thing I was meant to do. My life feels so hopeless. My fiance is always in debt and has owed me money on a constant basis for years. I paid for him to go to real estate classes and he just found out today that he failed the state exam (of course he'd find out he failed the same day I did). His mom died about a year ago of a brain tumor and his family has never been there for him, so I sort of feel like I have to take care of him and protect him. Around the same time his mom died, he found he was type 1 diabetic and was hospitalized for a bit so now he has a lot of medical expenses that he didn't have before and he was already struggling to keep up with his bills. I've been paying for more things that he does to try to help him, but I just found out that my hours at work are getting cut in half so who knows how we'll get by when that happens. Everything feels like it's going downhill. What the fuck do I do from here?
>>
That's rough. If nobody answers I'll try to come back, but I have to leave soon.

Keep holding it down though. Life sucks, but some of us out here are right there with you on the "fuck my life" train, so at least you aren't alone there in the shit.
>>
>>16924597

BTW, can you just retake the test? I mean, as far as tangible goals go, you can at least try that? I know you're probably looking at something like having to wait a semester though, since that is how these things usually go.
>>
>I have made so many plans since high school to try to improve my life (and my fiance's)
kill yourself

>It took me 5 years to get an associates degree because I hate school and struggle with depression and anxiety.
You and like 60% of associate degree holders. You're well within the 6 year completion for 2 year degree statistic. No need to justify your failure.

>I honestly don't want to go back and get another degree,
then don't. contrary to popular belief you can't just throw money at something and expect it to be fixed. get your life in order.

>I don't know what I want to do with my life. Nothing has ever really stuck out to me as the thing I was meant to do. My life feels so hopeless. My fiance is always in debt and has owed me money on a constant basis for years. I paid for him to go to real estate classes and he just found out today that he failed the state exam
You aren't mean to do anything. Most people(and I say this anecdotally) will land wherever they are at because they had family close to that field or it was convenient for them to work there due to location. Very few get to "explore".

>blah blah blah What the fuck do I do from here?
Dump your bae. He's holding you back. Or don't, and let him drag you down.

Honestly, you sound like my cousin. I dunno what it is with you dumb bitches and you being mommies for losers. NOT EVEN A CHAD, just straight up losers. She literally fucking works to pay rent, feed, clothe and give gifts to the motherfucker. She even asked me a week ago to cosign a motherfucking new car for him. She's like 21 he's 28 and a degenerate weed smoker

Meanwhile I'm working, go to school, total square and, I like to say so myself a solid head on my shoulders, yet I can't even get the time and day from fat chicks. And yeah, I know that's exactly my problem but whatever.

it's hard for me to feel pity for you fambula, it really is.
>>
>2016
>still going to college to get le meme degree for supposed six figure career

Cut the bullshit and learn a trade. Doesn't matter which trade. Just pick one, you're always gonna hate your job no matter what, its all relative.

Once you've picked one, find someone that does it.

Now go work for them. For the interview just stick to your guns and say "I wanna do what you do."

Live life like a nigger for 2 years. Don't go put. Don't spend money. Don't use credit cards. Don't finance anything. Don't get sick or injured. Don't do anything other than pay the bare minimum on student loans.

After 2 years you should be grossing around $40k/year at least.

This is life, this what you can expect. If after a while you get tired of making that wage, take whatever money you have and couple it woth your years of experience in that trade and start your own business.

Then you'll go back to living like a nigger until you can manage to keep your business afloat. It's a long hard road, but if you do it smart, you'll eventually get rich.

But by then, living like a nigger will be so engrained into your soul that you will not get to enjoy it the way you think rich people do.

This is life.
>>
>>16924616

Honestly senpai, it seems like the point of your post was to express anger at being alone even though you may be less of a fuck-up than OP's BF. Which is fine and all, but it makes your advice seem like it has baggage, which casts some doubt on it.

She probably should finish school though. Especially if you're a fuck-up depressive, it's going to be harder to get any kind of foothold if you can't at least produce a degree.
>>
>>16924597
Thanks anon. I don't have much in the way of family or friends, so it feels pretty lonely sometimes.

>>16924614
I can retake it, but the science questions were so random that I don't even know where to start when it comes to studying. It's supposed to be "general knowledge." I'd also have to wait 6 months to retake it and there's a waitlist for the degree program, so it would take even longer to start classes if I even passed the second time. I feel like my life is on hold until I get through my degree since I don't want to have kids until I'm financially stable and I can't really afford to get a house or even get married with what I make now, so I want to get through it as fast as I reasonably can.
>>
>>16924637
Um, do you even know what radiography is? In layman's terms = x-ray tech. It's not a 6 figure career and practically is a trade as it only takes an associates degree to do it.
>>
>>16924638
I wouldn't say I come off as a fuck-up depressive to other people. I'm good at hiding it so only my fiance and a couple of my family members know how bad it really is.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.