[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started meditating a few months ago and my ability to focus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1457943195254.png (58 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457943195254.png
58 KB, 1920x1080
I started meditating a few months ago and my ability to focus and maintain routines has gotten a lot better. My self awareness has sky rocketed and it's rather incredible the different ways I look at the world. I've started trying to learn more and do more for myself. I've started saving my money and making goals and all that jazz. Things are pretty awesome.

However, I'm unhappy. The only way I can describe it is as if I put my hands on the wheel of a car and now I can't take them off. I am having a really hard time appreciating my life as it is and am constantly trying to make it into what it could be. So much so that I'm now even starting to lose sleep at night.

What can I do? Does anyone else know anything about meditation? Or some ways to alleviate this issue?
>>
have a near death experience.

go to the hood and ask if they support trump for president.
>>
File: mmvn3rvhFp1qa4gsro1_1280.jpg (564 KB, 1280x1017) Image search: [Google]
mmvn3rvhFp1qa4gsro1_1280.jpg
564 KB, 1280x1017
why are you not being reinvigorated by v a p o r w a v e yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4x0NEkIulg
>>
>>16924329
I already listen to vaporwave, futurefunk, and nightcore on the reg my dude.

thanks for the link though.

>>16924306
I was tempted not to respond because I can't tell if you are trolling. Giving you the benefit of the doubt though; I'd rather do it in a way that doesn't endanger my life. Thank you
>>
Hey anon,

My situation is a bit different, but it's similar to yours in a lot of ways. I got a traumatic brain injury and fought depression for a few months and the entire experience completely changed the way I look at the world.

I began meditating as well and gained a lot of self-awareness and had the "hands on the wheel of a car and now I can't take them off" feeling really badly.

The best advice I can give to you is to live in the present. Don't get caught up in all the things you want to do in the future, think about where you are and what you're doing right now. Mindfulness is a big part of happiness. Growth and changing yourself takes time, and it can be frustrating. But one day you'll wake up and look back at yourself from 6 months or a year ago and wonder how you grew so much.

Sorry if I rambled, but I hope this helps!
>>
>>16924354
Thank you for your advice! My issue is that when I try to live in the present my thoughts go "what am I presently doing to better my future?" In that way I'm also worried I won't be satisfied with the present because until the "future" happens I won't be happy in the present. If that makes sense?
>>
>>16924394
I have the same problem, I'm still working on viewing recreational activities as not a waste of time.

There's always going to be a future, but you can't live in the future. We can remember the past and look to the future, but we're only capable of experiencing the present.

You've got all your goals, but once you reach them what will you do from there? I doubt you'll be satisfied and have no drive to do anything anymore. You'll likely set more goals, and continue to work towards them. The most fun part of the journey is experiencing it and taking joy in the little bits of growth you see in yourself each day - there will always be something more on the horizon to work towards.
>>
>>16924428
yeah. oddly enough I dont find that comforting. More tedious I'd say :0

I will do my best to follow your advice. Thank you again. I have to get to work now though
>>
>>16924295
How did you get into meditating anon? Any book/sites you recommend?
>>
>>16924442
No problem Anon, hope everything goes well for you!
>>
>>16924450
I'm not OP, but I found guided meditation to be really useful for teaching me how to meditate and sort of easing me into being able to do it by myself.
>>
>>16924484
Is that like a youtube video thing like ASMR?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.