[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a bit of advice on becoming a man, my father divorced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
I need a bit of advice on becoming a man, my father divorced my mother for a blonde succubus who took him to Texas and turned him into a MAJOR cuck when I was about 8.

He used to be my definition of manliness, 6'5", beard, slicked back hair, and the stereotypical dumb and brutish manly attitude. Now hes a sad, controlled, beardless shell of a man...

But enough about my father, I am the one who is now in need of help, there is no saving him sadly...

I have lived with four girls my entire life. I have learned many things about women, signs of periods, a few differences in psychological aspects between men and women, what makes them happy or sad, and so on and so fourth. So I generally make friends easier with women and until I got my girlfriend my sisters always assumed I was gay (my mother never admitted it but she was the most shocked). However, on the flip side it is not as easy for me to make friends with guys, even with non-threatening men I feel feminine in their presence and I absolutely hate this.

I have never had a big male role model in my life and I honestly do not know how to be a man, it has kind of warped into a goal or obsession to become a manly type figure to be looked at and labeled as a MAN and not just another guy.

I guess in the end I am just looking for tips to improve my self-confidence when it comes to things like manliness and absolutely ANYTHING you guys have collected on fatherly advice on life, I don't need that relationship shit you learn that from girls anyway.

Tl;dr Post tips on fatherly advice and tips on how to improve my manliness, self-confidence on the matter of manliness, or even manly-esque things I should start doing.

Thanks guys.
>>
artofmanliness.com
>>
File: the_abyss_gazes_into_you.jpg (31 KB, 522x483) Image search: [Google]
the_abyss_gazes_into_you.jpg
31 KB, 522x483
>>16924133
Learn to use your hands skillfully, train your body to be strong and hardy. This can be done by lifting things and putting them back down, finding a sport you love, going hunting, or whatever you find fulfilling. Learn to love the outdoors. Become confident in your body and your mind will follow.

Train your mind. Read books, old books, new books, practical books, fun books. Make time to take in other people's words. Avoid junk media.

Know the power of your feelings and when it's time to shut up and move on. Never suffocate how you really feel, but accept things you have no hope of changing and learn how to recognise what's in your power from what isn't.

Learn how to fight, to defend yourself and the people you love. Never be afraid of throwing the first punch and never be afraid of the one you'll get in return.

Find a man. Find a role model, an older man who has the traits you want to have yourself. Listen to him and watch him and learn what you can, but remember you're your own man and he is his. If you were meant to be him, you would've been born him.

Work out the code you'll live by. There's things that are generally good to follow- ie don't lie, give others what they deserve, don't let the world roll you -but you'll find peculiarities just by living in your own skin. These are what you make you your own man.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY:
You can only grow into the man you were put on this earth to be, not live in the shadow of another. If none of the above works for you, do what comes naturally and from instinct. Follow your heart.

You'll know the man you are when you find a woman who believes in you to be that man, and you find the men under you wish they were that man.
>>
>>16924133
IMO being "manly" which I identify better as being assertive.

Doesn't matter on your appearance, just look at the new stereotype called "nu-male" the cuck hipster lumberjacks with beards.

Be active and don't let someone else take decisions for you unless you're openly seeking a suggestion.
>>
>>16924200
I'll check this out.
Thanks.
>>
>>16924211
Thank you annon, I really like what you have said. I'll try and start following some of these the best I can.
>>
File: me tbh.jpg (46 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
me tbh.jpg
46 KB, 600x800
>>16924243
I think you're right, assertive is a good term for it, I just didn't think of it. And I don't want to look like a hipster I want to look hardy and strong, not skinny and pale from a vegan filled diet, It isn't the fashion sense I am concerned about, its the message my image sends that I care more for. But yeah, I'll admit I let people make decisions for me and I am not assertive at all, I get that from my mom. (and I guess my dad) Thank you for your two-cents, I'll put thought into this.
>>
>>16924243
>>16924305
Assertiveness is a trait that's completely lacking in the average man, and the average woman too. We're conditioned largely to be weak, far too giving, reliant on others beyond sense and not prepared to make a stand when we have to.

It's really easy to be assertive, you just have to believe in your own power and have the will to use it. Don't let anyone give you shit. Be kind and reasonable but draw a line.
>>
>>16924338
I'm going to try and change my attitude and not be walked on so much, I might lose some mooching "friends" but I don't need them in my life of they're just going to use me like they've been. Thanks annon
>>
>>16924211
Solid advice.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.