[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some advice about a girl. We work for the same company
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
I need some advice about a girl. We work for the same company in different offices, 700 miles apart. We were talking a lot over our company chat (we're in the same department, and despite being remote she was my boss for a short period) and met at the Christmas party. We instantly hit it off, I went back to hers after, got intimate. I felt a strong connection and she said she did too. We've been talking since and I planned to meet her at Easter, she's been hinting at more and more.

A few days ago, she said she's been fooling around with a guy friend of hers a few times and she felt terrible. This guy has liked her for ages, initially she didn't want to do anything with him but they work in the same office so there's like daily exposure there. i instantly felt any connection was just over on my part but she says she doesn't want it to affect anything and regrets it.

I said to her that I don't want to talk for a bit, and now we're here. She says good morning each morning and i say I don't want to talk. I got messages today saying she was miserable. I'm meeting some guys from work at Easter when I go home, and we share a lot of work friends. She's going to be there. I'm not entirely sure how I should act or feel. At the moment it's just a constant numbness. I really did like her, maybe i still do?, but I never showed it, but now, to be honest, I don't know if I know her at all.

Any advice, or similar experiences?
>>
>>16924099
This is why they say not to shit where you eat. Congratulations, you fucked up and this won't go away until either of you leave the company. Oh, and you better act normal towards her, because otherwise people will say you're not good at working with other people.
>>
>>16924099
congrats anon from your OP i deem you too competent to get help here

you know much much better than anyone here what you feel/want and i'm sure you can find a way to act that wont be pants on head retarded

gl mate
>>
>>16924099
Optimistically speaking I would like to say that people are not static and maybe she has learned a lesson from this and changed for the better.

Alternatively this is her true character and chances are things like this might happen again. Long term relationships rarely turn out well and mixing romance with work is also a big risk.

I'd recommend trying to get back to being friends at least, but not going any further.
>>
fuck her then make her feel even worse.

you'll probably get fired before that though. she spreads rumors, your manager learns about it, yadda yadda. at the least, it'll get in the way of any promotions you're looking towards if she wants to fuck you over

but lets get it straight. you two had a connection. she didn't respect that by fooling around. it doesn't matter if you made no commitments or weren't together yet, the act itself of sharing each other was not respected.
>>
>>16925494
Don't listen to this retard.

The fact that she brought this to light means that she chose you over him. Although if you don't feel any attraction to her anymore I wouldn't recommend trying to pursue a relationship.

But since you guys work in the same company try to be at least cordial/friends. Otherwise it's time to find a new job.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.