[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 22 year old guy - I've never had a girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1433170768108.png (24 KB, 601x695) Image search: [Google]
1433170768108.png
24 KB, 601x695
I'm a 22 year old guy - I've never had a girlfriend and I've never been on a date, but I'm really starting to get upset about it and now I really want to find someone to date. Obviously it can't just be anyone, I do have standards, but they're not huge or anything, I just really want someone to talk to, someone to actually feel for me and what not.

I don't know where to start. First off, I'm in my second year at university, I'm originally from northern europe, but I'm studying in the UK, I'm on a software engineering course, there aren't any women here so I'm really at a loss as to how to meet attractive/interesting girls.

I try to dress as nicely as my pocket can let me, I look after my hygiene, I workout, I'm 6'1, I speak several languages, I have a variety of interests from politics, to history, to electronics, psychology etc. I just don't know why, but girls are really turned off by me, I'm starting to think that one of the major reasons is because I'm just not attractive enough for a relationship.

I also have a bit of anxiety when it comes to talking to people and my accent can get pretty bad sometimes, but I'm working on it, I'm still pretty bad at talking to british people for some reason, I just don't know what to say to them or what to talk about with them, I don't know why, but my mind just goes blank. Whats wrong with me guys? Am I undateable? I'm interested in girls that are younger than me, mostly 18-20, is that a problem do you think? It's getting to a point where I feel genuinely bad about myself. Why can everyone find someone to go out with, multiple women even sometimes, but I can't even get a single girl to look at me?
>>
File: Kristen-Stewart.jpg (109 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
Kristen-Stewart.jpg
109 KB, 500x600
>>16923829
Try dating black girls
>>
>>16923829
Its because you're not black. White UK girls love a good rapefugee or dindu nuffin.
>>
>>16923829
Kill those feelings, for nothing good ever comes from them.

Accept the fate of being forever alone, and thus you will never get burned by rejection. Dating, having crushes, pursuing females etc, isn't worth the emotional pain that shit causes.
>>
>>16923829
you need to find the most major source of your anxiety and tackle that. then keep going until you are cured of being a fuckup enough to handle everything that comes with talking to strangers in the hopes of sleeping with them all at once.

so is your anxiety over sex? kissing? your accent? what to say? how you look? which one is the biggest stumbling block for you.

because right now your such a nervous fuck that any woman who isn't fucked in her head somehow will smell it and stay the hell away from you
>>
You sound boring. No one your age cares if you have an interest in politics, history, electronics and psychology. It's fine if you do, but if those are your only interests and those are the only things you can talk about, you're just going to bore people.
>>
>>16923892
My accent and my looks I'd say.
>>
>>16923910
What should I talk about?
>>
>>16923951
How much do you take an interest in the other person you're talking to?
>>
>>16923957
Well, it depends on the person, but I'm usually very attentive, I like to hear people's stories.
>>
>>16923964
Can you actually hold a conversation, or are you just sitting and listening while they talk?
>>
>>16923969
I guess. I can't realyl think about it now.
>>
>>16923916
ok so start with accent, that seems easy, google is your friend

to improve an accent it helps to be around people who speak w/out your accent and it helps to practice by reading the language outloud and trying to correct your accent

so start there?

looks are obviously harder and a longer process, but what never fails is feeling more fit / having more muscles will make you feel better about it. so while your focused on accent, start lifting some weights and doing some excercise that makes you feel sore and makes you want to look twice at yourself in the mirror and flex.

from there, just keep working on whatever anxiety you think is most holding you back but if you socialize more to train your accent and work out more i bet you have a girl before you even get to step #3. or you can just stay shut in reading about shit on the internet looking for a magic bullet that will fix everything

that's what you are going to do btw OP and it won't work I look forward to your threads when you are a 30 yr old virgin

why do i say that? bc if you know your accent bothers you, why haven't you tried to fix it? why aren't you googling and working on it instead of asking /adv/?
>>
>>16923977
You can't "fix" an accent. It's a myth. There's literally no way for an adult to lose an accent in a foreign language. It might become less noticeable after YEARS if not DECADES of just using that one language, but it will never go away, especially since I still interact with my parents/people from home.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.