[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>take friend to Korean barbecue for the first time >he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: g6q9Axbz_400x400.jpg (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
g6q9Axbz_400x400.jpg
9 KB, 240x240
>take friend to Korean barbecue for the first time
>he immediately takes control of the grilling and giving me advice
>insists on keeping raw meat tongs and cooked meat tongs separate
>"sterilized" tongs by putting them inside the slots in the grill
>still got sick, nobody else in the group did

>other friend just won't eat anything besides fast food/diner food when we go out
>excuse #1: too broke for a restaurant
>excuse #2: doesn't feel like something different

Why is it so hard to find a culinarily compatible friend? Or am I somehow the fag?
>>
>>16923819
You're the fag

Please leave
>>
Friend #1 is a hypochondriac and an idiot
Friend #2 is lame

Find Friend #3. As long as they have a job and aren't an asshole they'll eat stuff.
>>
>>16923827
What third world nation do you live in where you haven't learned about cross contamination?
>>
>>16923831
What third world nation are you from where you weren't educated on how cooking food works?
>>
>>16923831
I think it says something when friend #1 was still the only one that got sick, despite the unnecessary precaution
>>
Having different food tastes doesn't make anyone a fag. However friend 1 seems to have hypochondriac tendencies like >>16923827 points out. You should probably discuss in advance who is in charge of the grilling before going out.
>>
File: giphy.gif (988 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
988 KB, 500x269
>>16923834
I don't go out to a """""""'korean'''''''''''''' grill

Sorry I know how to prep

Don't you have some dogs to fry up?
>>
File: 1447035057462.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1447035057462.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>16923840
>>
>>16923839
I don't care if someone takes charge. I was annoyed at the fact that he acted like he knew what he was doing and knew better than me, despite it being his first time.
>>
>>16923819

its hard because its hard to find compatible humans for anything and you've probably never sorted humans based on food taste

you aren't a fag, at least not based off those two friends but you did make a thread on 4ch so yah ur a fag 4 sure

here's what you do, think of who your coolest most worldy/cosmopolitan friend is who is down to try shit. invite him/her to dinner @ some place you've never been that sounds really cool. you are paying, just say you are sick of going to diners and trash like that so its your treat for them keeping you company.

obviously don't go somewhere crazy expensive...

hopefully you guys have fun. if that works, keep doing it. if the friend is cool eventually they will pay for something. it can be your thing. maybe even word gets out and some other friends wanna tag along.

something like that can work.
>>
Is this a male thing? I've never seen girls pull shit like this.
>>
>>16923819
Where do you live, OP?
>>
>>16923819
Damn it OP now I want some Korean BBQ...
>>
>>16923945
you've never known grils who only like to go to eat at places they are "comfortable" with which is code for shitty national chains like applebees/chillis/chevys etc

while there they order boring shit like chicken breasts and broccoli but if you pay attention they often "can't resist" some soup or salad or something that sounds healthy in theory that if you look closely is like 1k calories somehow when you include the sauce.

i envy you and your only fit and thin female monkeysphere
>>
>>16923961
>while there they order boring shit like chicken breasts and broccoli but if you pay attention they often "can't resist" some soup or salad or something that sounds healthy in theory that if you look closely is like 1k calories somehow when you include the sauce.
What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>16923918
I do have a friend like that, luckily. It's a very superficial one as we're both each other's plan B

>>16923945
It is. I guess it's alpha to take charge, even when you're clueless.
>>
Irrelevant bullshit drama.

Move on with your life and stop crying like a bitch on 4chan.
>>
>>16923961
>>16923970
>It is. I guess it's alpha to take charge, even when you're clueless.
The worst friend of mine to go out to eat with is a guy. Last time we went out as a group, it took us three hours to decide where to go. He basically decided that he wasn't going to go to anywhere that wasn't his suggestion, but didn't say so. Then he shot down everyone else's ideas as 'too expensive' or 'too unhealthy' or some other bullshit excuse. In the end, we go to a pizza restaurant he suggested (super healthy, amirite?) where he has both a starter and a whole pizza, as well as four cocktails. In the end, he spent more than the rest of us combined.

It is honestly a nightmare trying to organise something with him because he's like this with everything.
>>
>>16923849
I think it doesn't matter that it was your friend's first time. Someone can know what they are doing on their first time. Someone can know how to do something better on their first time. The real problem is that he -didn't- knew what he was doing. Your friend has unreasonable health concerns. These personal issue urged your friend to assume your cooking methods were wrong instead of second guessing his baseless fears. He needs to acknowledge the problem and overcome this urge. Your friend's behavior is improper but he also needs help.
>>
>>16923968
i was just venting, i hate that shit, for me its always females who will only eat at chains/diners and its always bc they pretend they are watching what they eat and then they always eat disgusting shit half the time at those places.

fucking annoying

>>16924005
someone like that you just invite after the plan is set and you just tell him he can come to X and meet the rest of you or no. don't let terrorists like that win
>>
>>16924000
It's not drama. I just want someone to eat out with who isn't difficult.

>>16924011
Valid, but maybe a little exaggerated. He is a hypochondriac, but he's also just an idiot.
>>
>>16924050
I don't know your friend so you're a better judge of his character. I just hope that if your friend acknowledges he is hypochondriac then he can pay attention to when it affects his behavior. Then he can avoid acting on it and thus potentially act like an idiot less often.
>>
>>16924079
Dude that guy is not a fucking hypochondriac, it's called cross-contamination and it's a legitimate concern when it comes to food safety
>>
>>16924237
I know that cross-contamination is a legitimate concern. That is I agree with not using the same plates or bowls for cooked meat and uncooked meat. That is something everyone do. That is something I assume the OP is doing. Separating utensils is a different story. It is more than reasonable to use the same spatula to flip a burger.
>>
>>16923819
>mad that Korean friend prevented cross contamination

U wot m8?
>>
>>16924237
I go to Korean BBQ all the fucking time and use the same tongs to flip beef as I do to flip the chicken. Never gotten sick. Come at me.
>>
>>16923918
So basically, ask your gayest friend out on a date and pay.
>>
>>16924308
Yes, you keep the raw meat and cooked meat separate in plates, but tongs are fine.

>>16924316
He's not Korean, and have you ever been to Korean barbecue? It has never been an issue, and as far as I know, nobody else does this.
>>
>>16924333
lel fair point, when i was 16-24'ish i'd def have read that the same way

but i maintain its the correct solution to OP's problem
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.