[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i need a job before the end of this month or els my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1388298768446.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1388298768446.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
i need a job before the end of this month or els my girlfriend has threatened to kick me out
i live in Gloucestershire UK, 18, can't drive and have no bar experience
what do?
>>
I'm looking at gloucestershire UK and I know literally nothing about Europe, but look at all those highways and neighboring townships.
You have no excuse.
Spend 8 hours a day doing a mix of applying online, and more specifically finding what is around. Apply in person cause you might be able to get an interview on the spot or can ask when you can interview and show up later again.
If you see a help wanted sign and get an interview your chances are very high. I've done it before and got hired with out even preparing for an interview, but after being asked questions about availability and where i live etc I asked the questions I needed to ask to make sure I can do the job and I still have the same job.

>Spend more time on searching
>expand your search
>leave the house to discover real job possibilities
>ask questions to reassure your boss you understand whats going on
>always give great confidence to getting the job and giving it a try for a long while before its decided its not for you no matter what job
>you will like what you know

You are still young. This is the time you should be working your hardest so it pays off for the rest of your long life.

Work only sucks as much as you want it to. You can get used to it, it gets a bit fun when you start to feel free.
I work 2 part time jobs btw, would prefer full time for sure.
>>
>>16923688
go to the job centre. they will get you doing something, it will probably be shit but at least it shows you are willing to your gf.
>>
>>16923688
Fuck theres one more thing
Why cant you drive?
work on that, it will be super valuable.
Alternatively you can take a bus or train im sure?

One more thing, even while youre working, like I said you are a young, you can even go to school or do extra activities like private music lessons, art classes etc some stuff costs money some is free

I dont know anything about UK in regards to alcohol but in US i had to get certified to be a bartender. I took the course $500 over two weeks, but I never did get a job in it. Still it was a valuable experience and I can apply for bar tending jobs if i want to now.
>>
18?? shouldn´t you be in school? ...unless your life plan is to become construction worker.
>>
Get a job with a Mitchells and Butler pub/restaurant. No experience necessary and pays above (although only slightly) minimum wage
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.