[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the meaning of life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 1144x741) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 1144x741
What's the meaning of life?
>>
chocolate 42 and pron
>>
>>16923487

you ask the question knowing that no one has a solid answer. so im going to refer you to existentialism, which is varied, but here's what i took from it so far.

Life is inherently meaningless. AS such, the universe is not hostile, it is only indifferent. The only things we really have in life are choice. It may not always be a good choice, but we have choice. as such the only thing meaning can be atributed to is our choices, and when we act as if we have no choices, we stop people human and simply becomes tools that a 'god' uses to carry out his intricate boring plan.

dont be a tool.
>>
>>16923487
To drop your man matter deep in her baby bakery.
>>
>>16923487
No one can tell you its meaning, if there is one, but there are many who have worthwhile suggestions on what to do with it.
>>
File: The Sixth Extinction.jpg (499 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
The Sixth Extinction.jpg
499 KB, 1000x1000
>>16923487
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
>>
You make your own meaning. Do things you like and are passionate about.
>>
File: currency.jpg (111 KB, 485x637) Image search: [Google]
currency.jpg
111 KB, 485x637
>>16923487
Pic related works for some.
>>
>meaning of life
Eventually produce sapient life
>meaning if sapient life
Make hydrogen
>>
vaporwave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyvH4rQWNtI
>>
Life can have many meanings. The correct question to ask would be "what is a meaning of life that appeals to me". The answer is to try different things.
>>
To allow for the eventual emergence of sapient life. The purpose of sapient life is to recycle material and energy artifically what the universe cannot recycle naturally.

Ex. Hydrogen, supposedly we now think we can convert heat back into usable energy, make more stars
>>
File: ayreon.jpg (75 KB, 475x470) Image search: [Google]
ayreon.jpg
75 KB, 475x470
>>16923742
>go too fast, move too slow

anon I don't know who you are

but literally wherever you are, I'd fly over and have a beer with you
>>
File: space.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
space.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Buy some strange coincidence I just watched the movie on the subject, "The Zero Theorem". It didn't really answer the question but I think OP and quite a few anons here might find the main protagonist relateable.
>>
The meaning of life is to create sething out of nothing only to destroy it.

A much wiser lyricist than I once said: "...when anything thats anything becomes nothing... --thats everything..."

It is my favorite lyric.
>>
File: 1458079844338.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1382) Image search: [Google]
1458079844338.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1382
There is none.
>>
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
>>
Fuc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.