[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best pal is sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: PePe..png (322 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
PePe..png
322 KB, 600x596
I don't know who to talk to /adv/

My dog is not feeling well, he's been having seizures recently, and the most recent one he had just an hour or so ago has left him slightly paralyzed.
He's been with me for 11 years.

We got him because i'm a clumsy shit who keeps forgetting his house house keys, until one night in winter I waited outside for 5 hours in a thunderstorm until my parents arrived.
They decided that a pup should keep me company.

In truth, I was a bit of a shut-in during highschool, I really had no one to talk to during my time, so my dog would keep me company, at least he was someone to talk to, I finished school in 09, then went to uni, flunked out, fucked up here and there, but at least I had my dog, we went on great adventures together when I finally got my 4wd.

I just left him at the vet and he's currently under surveillance overnight.

I don't know what to do /adv/ what can I do? I just want my dog back
>>
>>16922737
My dog passed away fairly recently to some sort of hearth disease, but it didn't shake me all that badly because I was somewhat prepared for it.

All you can really do is make the most of it and spend whatever time you can playing, petting and taking care of him. That way you'll regret less about not being able to spend enough time with him and have some sweet memories of him for the rest of your life. Dogs really love their owners don't let him suffer these times alone.
>>
>>16922765
I can get a week off work, Im thinking just to take him places, along the east coast, have bbq's on the beach, swim with him a bit, like when he was a pup..

I was thinking on where to bury him, but I can't bring myself to organizing it.
>>
Prepare yourself. You have to be the adult. You want what's best for him and sometimes that means we put pets down (when resources are exhausted and they are in excruciating pain). Great idea to go have fun and make some excellent memories.

You don't have to bury him. Can do cremation then scatter or keep ashes.

Good luck, OP. Rainbow bridge and all that.
>>
>>16922737
Got my pup in one of the worst moments of my life, she died a couple of years ago after being with me for almost 10 years. I cried for weeks.

Talk about the things you did with your dog with your family and your friends. Take pics of him. Make good memories. Take care of him.
Dogs really love their owner and you gave him a good life, stay next to him as long as you can and enjoy your time with him.
If he's suffering, put him down.

Good luck OP.
>>
File: 24330.jpg (532 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
24330.jpg
532 KB, 1600x1200
>>16922793
If your dog has to be put to sleep and you take a week off, save a couple of days between the day you have to let him go and the day you have to go back to work.
It sounds like your friend means a lot to you and (forgive me if I'm wrong) it sounds like this is the first time you're facing losing a pet. There's a strong chance you might want a day or so to yourself to grieve and get your "work face" back on, instead of having to face your job feeling like you're breaking up inside.

Your idea of taking some time to do fun things with him (if he's well enough) sounds like a lovely thing, though. Just pet him and love him and be strong for him, there'll be plenty of time to cry after the fact. But stay with him when it happens. Having you - his best friend - beside him will help him feel safe.

Morbid advice aside, I hope that the vets can find a way to ease his suffering and give him a little more pain/seizure free time. Brace for the worst and hope for the best, Anon, good luck.
>>
File: Bud.jpg (142 KB, 489x651) Image search: [Google]
Bud.jpg
142 KB, 489x651
>>16922798
>Rainbow bridge
I should not have read that.... I should have not read that.

>>16922816
>Take pics of him. Make good memories. Take care of him.
>Dogs really love their owner and you gave him a good life, stay next to him as long as you can and enjoy your time with him.
>If he's suffering, put him down.

I wish I had more time, just to enjoy his company. I wish I can share the awesome times we had together, I wish I took more photos.

>>16922817
Thanks for the advice about taking a gap from work, I don't think I can focus on task, I work alone, but its hard manual work, I think it might keep my mind off things even though I might not be as productive.

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys, thank you.

>pic related: My dog about a few weeks ago, rolled around in mud after I cleaned him, 3 days before his 11th birthday.
>>
>>16922846
He looks like the happiest dog ever, anon. He was looking at you with the eyes of love.

If you want to share stories or pics we're here, I will read them.
>>
>>16922846
What a beautiful boy, he looks so happy and loved!

>>16922851
Seconding this, if it makes you feel better to post stories or pics while you wait for the vet surveillance to be over, we'll see them.
>>
>>16922863
>>16922851

He was a bit of a ditsy pup, I remember him hiding under my bed the first time we got him, he was quite scared, so we made that his bedroom, every morning he'd wake me up to go to school and he'd do it by stealing my alarm clock and playing with it all over the house until I got it off him.
He peeked between the fence posts as I walked past.
Every time I'd come home he'd be by the door with such a ferocious tail wag his hind legs would shift in excitement.

I guess it was more the accumulation of the little things, to be quite honest.

>Pic circa 2004-5 @ 4 months, the first day we got him.
>>
File: Bud 4 months.jpg (41 KB, 960x574) Image search: [Google]
Bud 4 months.jpg
41 KB, 960x574
>>16922948
>>
>>16922949
When he decided to make that carpet his bed, and it still is 11 years later,
>>
File: Bud 4 months.jpg (33 KB, 825x439) Image search: [Google]
Bud 4 months.jpg
33 KB, 825x439
>>16922954

I keep forgetting the images and getting captchas wrong. argh.
>>
>>16922948
The alarm clock story is charming, Anon!
>>
>>16922949
>>16922957
Ahh, what a cutie.

I don't have anything to add to the previous advice but I just wanted to tell you to take care and enjoy your last moments together. Hang in there anon.
>>
>That feel when you're all alone again.
>>
>>16922982
Ill find out in about 4 hours, hopefully.

So far he's doing Okay from what i've been told over the phone.
Ill update if the thread is still up
>>16922985
This is gonna hit me like a ton of bricks I reckon.
I had to lock the doggy door for the first time in about 4 years, the hinge feels like its rusted stiff.

Im looking at his water bowl rippling when the breeze blows, hes dinner bowl still has biscuits, I dont even remember filling it up.

Im not liking this at all.
>>
>>16922957
>>16922949

Anon he looks adorable! He's so sweet in the first pic. Are his eyes really that blue or is just the camera?
>>
File: 20160130_164356-1.jpg (3 MB, 1859x2690) Image search: [Google]
20160130_164356-1.jpg
3 MB, 1859x2690
>>16923026
I think it was the lens flash. Those photos werent taken on a digital camera..

Im just looking through photos atm.

This is him on my new(ish) surfboard about 2 months ago.
>>
>>16923076
Haha oh God! He looks like a king.
He seems to be such a happy dog, anon.
>>
>>16923076
Hes got green eyes but flash makes it turn out blue or red etc.

Its a strange in some older photos
>>
>>16923087
Oh of course.
Does he like the sea too?
My pup was terrified by the water, it was so hilarious.
>>
>>16922737
Spend as much time with him as you can man.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.