[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you've experienced something shocking or tragic, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: bring_me_the_booty.jpg (102 KB, 508x411) Image search: [Google]
bring_me_the_booty.jpg
102 KB, 508x411
if you've experienced something shocking or tragic, how do you ever go back to a certain level of happiness you had before that occurred?

when i was 17, my brother died and i saw him at the morgue with his head cut open and his face flat because his brain had been taken out for an autopsy. i remember stuff like this even though its been over 10 years and it still nags at me even when i'm trying to have a good time.

would really like to hear anyone elses experiences with something like this. thanks :)
>>
>>16922136
I have a suicidal younger sister who is in and out of mental facilities, and tries to cut herself on a daily basis. Whenever I'm hanging out with friends or having a good time in general I always picture her sitting in a empty white room and it just fucks with me. The only advice I can offer you is to either get therapy, or fake your happiness for those you care about. Time is not your friend in this situation.
>>
>>16922148

lol i always imagien him too. i burst into years at one of my birthdays, my boyfriend had taken me on a winter hayride for my birthday and i cried the entire time because i kept picturing my brother there, really ruined the day haha
>>
>>16922148

also, do you go to therapy?
>>
you don't.

its not that simple.

what happens is that your understanding of happiness must now co-exist with this experience in some context.

its why people say innocence is lost.

but we all must figure out for ourselves what shape that happiness will take.
>>
>>16922165
>>16922159
To be honest, no I don't. I just have so much craps deal with and get done that I kind of just push it to the back of my mind and tough it. Plus I know it's hard on my whole family, not just me, so I smile and be as 'happy' as possible for them.
>>
only bbc can save you now
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.