[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck undertale.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1426802691267.png (191 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1426802691267.png
191 KB, 500x364
Need quick advice, my girlfriend is fucking obsessed with undertale, she also draws a lot, so these two things have been making my life hell for the past couple of months.

She even has an OC that she ships with one of the characters and man, the whole thing is embarrassing but I just love her so much.

I'm not sure what to do or how to tell her I think undertale is dumb and her drawing an OC that looks like her is creepy.

Besides this everything has been straight cash money for the past 3 years. I'm just really at a loss on how to approach this.
>>
>>16922054
You should obsess over it with her, but take it to an extreme. It's how fan bases have ruined things for years. Eventually after watching you ruin her enjoyment of the game, she'll realize exactly what she put you through and how autistic she was being.
>>
>>16922068
I'm not sure if that will work, her friends are equally autistic over this shit and it's cringe-worthy to be around them.

If she didn't make me so happy I would refuse to even sit at the same table with them because they're aspie level already.

But if your plan does work how would I do it without coming off as a fake douchebag to her.
>>
Just ignore it? Or when she starts fanbitching over Undertale (over under haha), just go do something else or be like "wow you talk about that a lot, I just cant get into it"
>>
>>16922072
That's the dangerous part of this plan OP. You have to become genuinely interested (or bullshit like your life depended on it) in the Undetale fandom so you don't come off as a patronizing asshole. The threat is that you may actually start to like the game in your efforts to turn your gf off to the idea, and if that happens then you're screwed.
>>
she'll get bored and move onto something else

buy her the harvest moon clone for PC
>>
>>16922109
That's one of the worst things you could do. These fans of fandom will only combine the two and then one day you will look on your pc, then bam! Undertale x Harvest Moon crossover. Face it OP, it doesn't get better from here.
>>
>>16922127
tumblr crowds do crossovers of everything regardless

also the characters in Stardew Valley are kind of the worst part, the guy wasn't a very good writer.

if it bothers him that much he should dump her and date a normalfag girl that doesn't like vidya
>>
be thankful you have a gf that likes vidya

on a more serious note push better games on her hopefully she'll get into something that doesn't suck ass. Focus on story heavy games that will suck her in.
>>
Just go do something else when she obsesses over it. My girlfriend loves cosplay costume making. I could not give a shit less. So when she talks about it I act interested and listen, think about fucking some other chick, smile and nod.

When her friends come over to talk about and work on it, I smile, wish them a good evening and go play fallout.

On the extremely rare occasions when she want to make me a costume to wear, I remember that she swallows and then I put up with a funky outfit for 3 or 4 days a year.

Tl;dr just put up with it. You probably do shit she thinks is embarrassing too.
>>
>>16922157
you sound like a douchebag and your gf can do better, she's going to catch on to the fact that you're not really paying attention eventually and it's going to upset her. Incredible idea: actually get invested in her interests before she gets someone better that actually cares
>>
>>16922157
Point taken. At least that last part, thanks.

>>16922137
I don't want a normalfag gf, I like her the way she is, cute autismo and all I just hate undertale.

>>16922144
I have, I got her into shadow of the colossus and devil may cry but, yeah.

Either way thanks for the advice.
>>
>>16922169
You're a loser and actually jealous of his winning.
>>
>>16922198
girl's don't like that shit man it pisses them off
>>
File: 1447723539387.jpg (23 KB, 480x478) Image search: [Google]
1447723539387.jpg
23 KB, 480x478
>>16922169
Kek, butthurt cosplaying femanon fatty detected.

We have plenty of other things in common and good conversations are frequent. Being a person of average intelligence, I can field a conversation I'm not terribly interested in while seeming to pay attention. It's an essential skill for success in the adult world (not that you'd know, weeaboo reality dodger that you are). I'm advising the OP on how to make the best of something he isn't wild about to keep it from ruining his otherwise good relationship. Your solution of "get interested!" Isn't really a solution at all.

As far as my relationship goes, she's happy, I'm happy, you're fat and alone. Don't give advice anymore, you're not in any position to dispense it.
>>
>>16922273
lmao I'm personally not into cosplay at all but I would get into it for my partner if she was that invested. Also I'm not fat at all I'm pretty fit and totally surrounded by hot lesbians at my school so whose the real winner here ;)

Just saying from a womans perspective that if you want to piss her off, fake interest. It'll eventually wear you down and she'll notice
>>
>>16922054
As someone whose dealt with someone that they thought they were a character from home stuck and her next phase was five nights at Freddy's a good friend to be exact. It got to the point I told her I don't want you to feel resentful towards me I just want you to know I appreciate you but this side of you I feel makes me uncomfortable. She different idk how open shell hear to be Sat down and hear to tone it done but as long as you come from a genuine mindset of this approach have a heart to heart. I even told my friend "I get it is popular but doesn't mean you need to be like the fan base to express how much you like it" magically she one felt embarrassed on what I opened her eyes to and two she definitely stop the whole bandwagon shit and decided hey I'll get into things on my accord and be a fan in my way maturely. You gotta be open to know she might give your space or again she might feel offended cause every fan especially these types are don like hearing what they've turned into.
Op don't be afraid to open her eyes and put her in her place. Be a man and save her from being a permanent bandwagon weeb. I'm sure she'll understand when you show her like legitimate ly how bad it is.
>>
File: armsareheacy.png (25 KB, 493x269) Image search: [Google]
armsareheacy.png
25 KB, 493x269
if shes happy let her be happy in less then 2 months the fandom will be dead and shell move onto another thing
>>
tell her video games are for nerds

thatll show her
>>
I think you should write smutty undertale fanfic together and act them out. Focus on having fun. If she is being silly then be silly with her instead of standing on a moral high ground. You gain nothing from being judgmental except making threads to complain about it on the internet.
>>
>>16922465
I dunno, take a look at the FNAF fanbase. They stood out for 2 years before Underwear dethroned it. Unlike FNAF, Undergarments got extremely famous for less than a month it was out, and it's STILL shitting out more content by the day.
>>
>>16922054
Just let her ship whoever she wants and obsess over series she enjoys and she'll likely be a lot more willing to forgive you for your own 2D perversions, figurines, ecchi wallpapers and whatnot.
>>
>>16922675
Something else will replace it, give it time.
>>
>>16922719
Fuck you, the only perversion I have is traps and SHE'S the one that got me into them mother fucker.
>>
>>16922157
>My girlfriend loves cosplay costume making. I could not give a shit less.
I call bullshit.
Anyone with a cosplaying gf would care about it at least to get some good cosplayer sex.
>>
>>16922157
Boyfriend of the year desu
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.