[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal that antidepressants don't work? My doctor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1453685886849.jpg (108 KB, 576x960) Image search: [Google]
1453685886849.jpg
108 KB, 576x960
Is it normal that antidepressants don't work? My doctor tried to put me on lexapro, which I don't think did much at all, so then she ended up switching me to Zoloft which I also think didn't work.i think they just made me slightly space out and have me interesting dreams and made me eat like crazy.I was working night shift hours and had horrible sleep, did this play a role? The doctor seemed confused by it and suggested I try Effexor but at this point I'm so reluctant to try it, should I?
>>
>>16921794
Yeah. Antidepressants are basically alchemy. No one knows how the fuck they work.

Keep trying.
>>
Lexapro gave me the worst gastrointestinal symptoms of my life. Not that it's terribly relevant to the discussion.
>>
Yes, you should keep seeing the doctor and letting them change your medications.

I had to go through at least four different antidepressants before my doctor and I found one that worked. And THEN we had to find the right dosage. It takes time figuring it out, but it's worth it.

Hard truth is you'll always deal with depression - I do - but the medications make it quite manageable.
>>
fuck anti depressants, fuck just about any pharmaceutical that attempts to "fix" a psychological disorder.

it's all bullshit made by companies who want to make money

you want to stop being depressed? find some meaning purpose and value in your life. not up to me to tell you how, but philosophy helped me.
>>
>>16921798
>>16921842
Its just that my doctor seemed super confused as to why they didn't work, she said something about how they both should have a 70% chance of working
>>16921864
I tried that. Studied what I was really passionate about and love but I'm still a total mess
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.