[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how hard is it to get fit at home? i'm 20, f, 170cm, 52kg.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: cPtcBoS.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cPtcBoS.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
how hard is it to get fit at home?
i'm 20, f, 170cm, 52kg. I have never worked out a day in my life. i'm too scared to go to a gym to work out too, but i really want to change my lifestyle to get out of this funk i'm in. i have no idea how to start, been reading fitness subreddit and /fit/ but it's pretty overwhelming...

i only own a single pair of 5lbs weights that i can barely lift. i'm so weak and skinny, i want to just get up and start today, but it's so easy to say i'll do it tomorrow. i can buy some dumbbells sure, but i'm not ready to go to a gym and work out regularly. I'm just too scared of people. i need motivation. i seriously have no idea how to even start working out. i tried lifting weights earlier and it felt like i was doing it wrong, even after watching vids/reading on proper form.

i know this has been asked to death but...how do i get started???
>>
it helps a ton if you can get a workout partner, someone you're somewhat friendly to. It helps if you're a bit competitive too, you'll push yourself.

if no partner you'll just have to find the motivation in yourself. If you really want it, you'll do it
>>
File: 6442937801_9faf895b6b_b.jpg (169 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
6442937801_9faf895b6b_b.jpg
169 KB, 1024x576
>>16921754
You can go to work on my dick girl
>>
File: vzun2Hj.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vzun2Hj.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>16921769
Well i want to work out with my mom. she is very overweight and has a ton of health issues because of it so i want to help her get fit but i also really want to get fit myself. i just have no idea where to start or how to build a plan for myself.

>>16921771
wats ur #
>>
>>16921785
[email protected] Ms.Croft
>>
>>16921754
Step one eat right.
Step two exercise.

Start out by googling a good bodyweight routine and combining that with doing couch to 5k. Alternate days.

You want motivation? Go look at the before and after threads on fit.
>>
>>16921754
>i only own a single pair of 5lbs weights that i can barely lift.
Ahahaha, oh wow.
>>
>>16921785
area code?
>>
couch to 5k, calisthenics and dumbbells can do plenty

its your motivation that's the problem
>>
File: IMG_1238.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1238.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>16921812
yeah, looking at all those pics is what kind of made me realize that i need to get it together...

>>16921813
my arms are fuckin sticks

>>16921817
yeah, its hard to find some.
>>
>>16921754
>>>/fit/
READ THE FUCKING STICKY AND GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>16921754
Start by runing,start with 3Km you goal should be around 17 min.
Do push ups,Crunches,Plank's,dips,pull ups
>>
>>16921833
You gotta eat right. It's more important than any routine.

Cut all processed sugars including fruit juice. Cut whatever you eat in carbs in half. Replace with more meat and green veg. You better know how to cook.

This shit really is thermodynamics, if you want to lose weight then what goes in in calories must be less than what comes out. Start counting.
>>
>>16921859
This. Fatty my whole life and worked out and was very active, playing sports and getting /out/ and stuff and didn't even get close to being a normal weight until I started counting calories. After I did it for 6 months, now my body just kinda "knows" and it's incredibly easy to maintain my weight.
>>
>>16921837
fuck off

>>16921844
i figured doing normal pushups and crunches would be less helpful than weightlifting/running?

I can't even do one pushup/pullup/situp...

>>16921859
I'm not interested in losing weight, I'm super thin as it is. I want to get healthier and gain weight.

Good thing is i'm great at cooking.
>>
>>16921881
1/2 carbs + 1/2 protein, every meal. Count your calories for a few weeks to get an idea of how many you're eating. IIRC avg woman is ~1800, maybe less if you're skin and bones for maintenance, you should shoot for 2300/day or some shit.
>>
>>16921881
Then you should be lifting.

Go to a gym and hit the resistance machines until you can hold a barbell steady.
Eat right anyway, just eat more.

Just go. No ones going to hurt you.
>>
>>16921881
Well if you can get a gym member ship then go lift if not it is the best thing after that.
Yes yes you can,just don't do a full movement on the first time.
And about push ups read this
http://www.marines.mil/News/NewsDisplay/tabid/3258/Article/673308/zero-to-twenty-plus-marine-develops-program-to-improve-pull-ups.aspx

I had a overweight friend how can berly run 500 meters after he really start tuning he managed to run 4km better then I did at that time.
>>
>>16921892
lifting is for boring people and homos.

diet is key, slowly start exercise as you ease it into your life, then start a sport. climbing, contact(if you can find something in your area since you're a GURL) boxing is my preference since there's a cultural history behind it and its very well established plus it helps out a lot more than just looks

Anything with a group really.. building relationships will definitely help you out more in life than lifting some weights like faglord.
>>
File: 1112.jpg (95 KB, 852x1136) Image search: [Google]
1112.jpg
95 KB, 852x1136
>>16921754
Idk, on the EXACT same boat here.
20.m.170~cm,115lb

Been trying to work out at home for a year now, got some protein powder too... rarely use it tho.
Theres been some days where im doing push ups every other hour and eatting like 5 meals.
Just when I think im doing alright, i follow it up with days where i shut myself indoors and do nothing and lose what i may have gained.
I guess motivation is kinda key... maybe put on a show or something while doing the weights? maybe music?
>>
almost no one in this thread has any idea about wtf theyre talking about

you need to start running, plain and simple. run for half an hour, with brief breaks every 10 minutes for the first week. after that, 30 mins straight no breaks.

at home, just eat less sugar/starches, try to eat more vegetables/fruits/lean meants (ground beef, turkey, chicken)

get on your knees, and start doing girl push ups. do as many as you can. next day, do the same thing. no pushups next day. next day do as many girl pushups as you can, then do 5 more. next day, go to your bed. hold onto the frame and start doing inclined pushups. do as many as you can. next day, same thing. next day, same thing, then do 5 more. next day break. next day do a real pushup. once you can do a pushup, build yourself up to doing more and more until you can do 25 in a row no breaks. once you hit that point, go get some weights, and train. visit /fit/ at this point.

you need to be running throughout this entire period. it shouldn't take you more than 2-3 weeks to be able to use your body normally. you will begin to notice results after 6 weeks, you will begin to notice massive results after 12 weeks.

this wont get you shredded, but you'll be able to actually work out after this, and then get shredded if you do desire

lifting those 5 pound weights is a waste of your time by the way, literally wont accomplish anything at all
>>
>>16921754
are you a slut?
>>
>>16922363
You need to set a goal and then chase it until you get it
>>
>>16922363
And another tip I can give you is set a time that you will be training every day and train exactly the same time.
And last thing don't work more then 1-1.5 hour I think this is one of the thing that interrupt you to get into shape
>>
Try Yoga .
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.