[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a really bad spot right now. I was in a mental ward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1446658914707.jpg (214 KB, 850x642) Image search: [Google]
1446658914707.jpg
214 KB, 850x642
I'm in a really bad spot right now. I was in a mental ward for almost two years and I missed out on a lot of stuff. I'm way behind on education and I feel like I can't function at all. They said I had autism, but for some reason I can't accept that fact. I feel like I'm responsible for my situation, but I don't know how to get out.

I'm thinking about going into some kind of stationary treatment again, because I'm afraid of what I might do to myself if this continues. Is this a good idea or will I lose even more time that way? I feel like time is just slipping through my fingers, while I waste my whole life away.
>>
Do you have any skills, talents? Anything you can do that you could do to get paid? Maybe academia isn't for you but there are trades, artisanal work, you can teach yourself computer programming, video editing, arts...

There are a lot of ways to make a living that don't require a college degree
>>
>>16921715
That's not even my primary concern. I can't even get the most simple shit done. I feel incredibly slow.

I want to progress and learn something, but I'm stuck and I don't think I can fix this on my own.

I need to get some help and I need to do it soon.
>>
>>16921768

What's your current living situation?
>>
>>16921774
I moved back in my with my mom after I got out of the hospital. I rarely see her though.

Full on NEET.
>>
>>16921791
I think you should stop beating yourself up over just two years. If you're young it feels like a lot, but then another two years will go by in a flash and you'll realize how short a time that is. (Sounds like that's how you feel, too.) The self hate will just cause you to sulk your time away; but think of yourself and your time as worthwhile and before you know it you will have some good new knowledge under your belt.

Also, a lot of people don't know what it's like to be in a mental ward for 2 years so you will always have that knowledge and they never will.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.