[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
small questions part 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0084.jpg (112 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
112 KB, 640x468
high rez edition. if you have a question that you think is too small for its own thread this is the thread for you.
>>
My beta fish is acting depressed....clean water, plenty of food.....what can I do to help him kick his mood?
>>
Me and my gf are in a LDR, the last time I texted her was 3 months ago, I felt like she didn't really want to talk to me then. Now I miss her as fuck and want to text her again but I'm afraid I am selling myself cheap and getting desperate, would she think that?
>>
>>16921122
How do you do African American kids hair?

I work in a school, we have a child in foster care, and the foster care people are idiots that don't take care of it. It started falling out, so they shaved this poor girl's head. It's growing back now, but it's dry and starting to kink and eventually will fall out again.

The dad finally got some of his rights back, and is so hurt that her head was shaved from negligence. The school and group home got into an argument over this, and he allowed me to do her hair.

I understand the point of moisturizing, I just don't exactly know how to do a 5 year old black girl's hair.
>>
>>16921150
If you didn't text her for three months and she didn't text you, then it's over. Move on.
>>
>>16921129
You sound like my ex
>>
>>16921150
You don't have gf.
>>
>>16921129
sunshine? another beta? i dont know what makes fish happy sorry. i honestly though they didnt get depressed, just sick so maybe take it to the vet.

>>16921150
uhh you guys arent together. maybe you should talk to her and make it clear that you have broken up. or make ot clear that you arent and rekindle. LDRs almost never work out and you will most likely be better off finding a girlfriend that you can see regularly.

>>16921164
conditioner and an afro pick/big tooth comb. make sure she shampoos it every other shower but conditions it every shower. keep it brushed but only brush it with big combs and afro picks (you can get em really cheap)
>>
>>16921164
I dont touch mine, but I'm constantly told that my hair is superior. (Perhaps because there's Asian blood deep within me?) I do shampoo and condition everyday because im no slouch
>>
My ex girlfriend was/is overweight and we broke up after about a year because I told her that it is a problem for her health and that her depression and energy problem might be fixed if she lost the weight. She mentioned that i should never say anything about a woman's weight to them.

Even though, it has been proven that being fat wreaks havoc on the body.

Is this really a taboo I'm not aware of? I thought that my hypothesis (weight being the center of her issues) was pretty valid and with mentioning. I don't know, sperg is strong in me.
>>
>>16921251
What kind of conditioner? Do you have any brand names that are good? I was reading somewhere to seal it with shae butter? Would that help? She still has very nappy, very dry tight curls. It's like baby hair practically. It's so brittle and close to falling out. I'm trying to save it.

>>16921275
Yea, but what do i do for a five year old disabled girl with brittle nappy hair to save her from getting her poor head shaved again?
>>
File: 1458698937241-356080968.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1458698937241-356080968.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>16921299
>Is this really a taboo I'm not aware of?
yes. but that doesnt mean you were wrong to be concerned about her health. next time this occurs try and encourage they work out with you and work out around them so they get motivated. doctors are the only people who are allowed to flat out say that you need to lose weight.

>>16921314
pic related. my gf dies her hair all the time and she uses this. it keeps it soft. its like seven bucks though.... just look for shit thats nice though. cheap two buck conditioner barely keeps hair healthy much less makes it go from unhealthy to healthy.
>>
>>16921129
i was just informed that if two betas are put together one day there will just be one bigger beta. ignore the advice i gave you earlier.
>>
File: 400049ItachiSharingan.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
400049ItachiSharingan.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>16921122
What kind of failed abortion avatarfags with a pig?
>>
Skim through this article:
>http://www.naturalhealth365.com/pneumonia.html/
Then read the comment section.

Tell me, my favorite swine, is Vitamin C helpful for pneumonia, or will it just kill some people?

(Not a totally serious question, but I feel this warrants attention. This looks fishy)
>>
>>16921442
Noted, I already ignored that advice but I didn't want to be rude. Not sure I'd take my fish to the vet either. We'll see maybe he'll turn the corner in his own time.
>>
>>16921446
this kind! i used a baby pig for a couple of reasons. the image is cute (light clickb8), baby pigs are small (small questions), and pigs are misunderstood. while many people think that swine are these gross ugly animals they provide us with yummy meats and are actually better mannered and cleaner than many other animals such as cattle and dogs. which i think relates to these threads because the people who come her may not think that they are good enough when actually they are more welcome and better than they first seem.

>>16921466
>One vitamin kills pneumonia on contact
fucking dropped it there.

alternative medicine is not medicine, period. while vitamin c is good for your immune system and can help you recover from diseases it is not an antivirus. if it was the doctor who discovered that it was would have a nobel prize in chemistry. bottom line.

that page even suggested that you avoid vaccines, which are extremely important to keeping dangerous diseases at bay. people like that should be euthanized because they are literally the reason measles is not eradicated.

yes vitamin c can help with rebuilding you immune system. but it is not a cure for pneumonia.
yes vaccines impair your immune system, but only temporarily and it is neccisary so that your body can learn to deal with the disease. follow the reccomendations of your doctor. often the reason that antibiotics are used to treat pneumonia is because the test cultures that determine wether it is bacterial or viral (if microscope screening is innefective) take a long time and the bacterial disease will have progressed to a very dangerous point if it had been left untreated. the only thing you can do to help your body with viral infections is to reduce inflamation and fevers so that your body can focus on fixing you. (vitamin c helps with this)

that rustled me so fucking hard man i hope you are satisfied with my response. love ya! :)
>>
File: haran.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
haran.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>16921568
Pigs roll around in shit and eat corpses

A perfect allegory for your persona
>>
>>16921575
[citation needed]
see what i mean? misunderstood. no they dont do that. they roll in mud to cool off. they eat placentas but a lot of animals do that, if you are talking about tails thats always an accident from mother trying to help theyre children.
>>
>>16921122
I've started taking fiber supplements recently to help with my slow digestion but even though I'm taking less than the recommended dose they're giving me pretty bad stomach pains. Does that mean I should be taking more of the supplements, or less of them?
>>
>>16922082
ive always heard that fiber slows it down more. maybe you should take some minor laxatives instead. and if you do always take it with a meal, drink lots of water throughout the day (like a tall glass in the morning during lunch between lunch and dinner and sometime either during or just after dinner at the very least), and try to find other sources of fiber instead (such as nuts and grains) to help keep your bowels clean. if the stomach pain persists maybe you shoul make an appointment with your docter and see of he can help.

at the very least reduce the amount of fiber supplements you take.
>>
Is there any "cure" to reverse lactose intolerance? I have crappy memory so I don't always remember my probiotic pills 2X daily. And I get diarrhea as a result. I hear this is also common for lactose intolerant individuals. It isn't the allergic reaction type of explosive diarrhea mind you.

I tend to think a permanent "cure" is hogwash. Can anybody confirm this, either way?
>>
>>16922651
typically conditions like that are permanent ailments and you just have modify your lifestyle to aleviate the symptoms. i dont know what disease you have specifically so i cant guarantee that there isnt a cure, but i do suggest you do something like set an alarm to remind you to take your pills. sorry i dont have much to say that would be useful to you. good luck though and maybe another anon will see and give their two cents.
>>
Does anyone else think that you shouldn't give advice to people about problems you personally don't have any experience?

Like I saw a guy on reddit talk about how he lost his penis in an accident and now he feels very depressed about it. The comments were mostly "Hey, cheer up, a lot of women can't have piv sex and you can do much more than that. You can still orgasm via butt sex. There are women out there who don't care about your condition blah blah blah"

What if he isn't into butt stuff? Why should his mood depend on the fact that there are women out there that still find him attractive? Why do these people act like they have the slightest idea of what he's going through?

Seems insensitive af to me.
>>
>>16921568

Hey, buddy, it's pneumonia-anon.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions and responding after wholly reading it (Which I didn't expect).

Although, honestly, I thought Vitamin C was extremely useless when one is sick (As in your body's in full fight-mode, so anything that enters just flows right out, or burns on contact).

I didn't intend to cause a rustling, but it certainly was interesting. Extremely satisfied, and have a good eve.
>>
>>16922704
>you shouldn't give advice to people about problems you personally don't have any experience?
is that a hint? if so i guess sorry im shit. otherwise yeah i kinda agree. i still think you should help with what you can and be suppprtive. like with the penis guy maybe you could be like "im sorry that that happened to you. be sure to take care of it else it becomes infected" but also try to recognize and admit that you dont really know what their position is like exactly and you probably dont have the exact answer. but i feel like that was a ruse telling me to fuck off, so... i guess im gonna sage from here on out and when the thread is dead i wont make another. so unless people are posting in here it will die pretty quick and unless someone else makes another you wont see this thread again.
>>
>>16922729
Nah, I'm all about people giving each other advice. Nothing against you or your threads. My thing is that I dislike this "hey, cheer up, it's not that bad" kind of attitude when dealing with shit you have no experience with. Don't tell someone to get over it if you don't know how hard it actually is.
>>
>>16922736
oh god it would suck to lose my cock haha. well thanks i guess. and if this thread is still successful even with me saging maybe i will make a v4 then again maybe not i dont know.
>>
Should I drink at social gatherings despite me not liking the effects it has on me, just so I am more social and my friends aren't worried about me being silent and stuff?
>>
>>16922792
nope. you can be the designated driver. take a water bottle or flavored drink of your choice so you can politely deny offers to drink. (when the alcohol comes out people seem to forget what a human likes to drink). make small talk and if you really dont know what to day just ask questions and follow up questions. if you feel too weird go outside and get some fresh air. try to enjoy yourself, and that doesnt mean you have to drink.
>>
>>16922871
It's just that when I was out with my friends a few nights ago, I couldn't drink cause I was finishing up my antibiotics and at the end they mentioned I was more quiet and nervous than usual. They seemed worried.

Usually, when I'm out, I get black out drunk and make an ass out of myself.
>>
>>16922880
well then maybe you need to learn to be more relaxed around people without alcohol. i personally dont think its good or very conducive of good behavior but i understand its appeal and dont disapprove of people who participate.

if you dont wanna drink your friends will understand. and when you are at these social gatherings you will learn to become more social, even when youre sober. so dont worry too much about it anon, and take it easy.
>>
How do I stop resenting my boyfriend for shit he's done after he apologizes? Its pretty bad shit but I'm trying to let it go so we can continue the relationship.. but whenever he does similar shit it takes me back to his past mistakes and I get really irritated and resentful fast.
>>
I'm working on an app designed to help people overcome their negative life aspects.

Anyone have any ideas on what features you'd like to see from a "pocket therapist / life consultation app"?

I was thinking of a service feature, anonymously linking random users a la tinder/omegle with regards to personal accomplishments. You'd be able to post your life accomplishments - anonymously - and others provide feedback like "great job!" or more personal boosterism. Does that sound like something you'd use?
>>
So I am 20 years old and in university at the moment, with my boyfriend being 21 and also in uni. He lives in another country, but is only a few hours drive from where I live. We met online (obviously), and i haven't told my parents yet. I've had long term IRL relationships before and my parents were chill, but for some reason I am so nervous and don't know what to tell my parents because I'm afraid they'll be mad at me. I don't live with my parents, but my father pays for my university. My parents are very proud of my accomplishments and are very content with how i'm doing in life, so that's not an issue. How do I go about telling them? I know it's autistic as fuck but I'm so scared.
>>
>>16923186
this is really hard for a person to do. those old things he did still hurt a lot to you and you have a right to be upset. but he has done his part by apologizing and he cant change the past. and he needs to avoid doing similar things for a little so you can move on and get through these issues.

>>16923214
>pocket therapist / life consultation app"?
a "random happy thought" button.

>Does that sound like something you'd use?
that app sounds like a happy version of 4chan so i dont think it will work. there has to be solo acteivities and whether it helps someone should not depend of how popular they get fortheir accomplishments. something else has to help them.

>>16923275
like what? is he from a "bad" country? just tell your parents that you have a long distance relationship and he is gonna visit and ask if he can come to dinner. that way you cant back out. thats really spooky so heres an alternative method. just randomly casually drop his existance when telling stories to you parents like "so last night, when i was on the phone with my bf, i swear i saw a ghost! i was freaking out for like an hour." or similar until they ask about it then let them know stuff like its long distance and his name and his job/what he is studying. and only when they ask do you tell him he js from a "bad" country and they probably wont care.
>>
can I do a 1500 word essay in one day if I have most of my literature and notes ready
>>
>>16923214
The ability to connect to hot new singles in my area
>>
>>16923877
yeah. just focus on driving your point home as slowly as possible and bullshit your way to the big leagues.
also speedy sanic gotta type fast
>>
Ive never written anything here, but really Im seeking help.
I am 19yo
My real problem is that I think Im losing my mind more and more each day. My short-term memory is shitty although I spend a few hours every day on intensive learning. Im introvert and I dont like spending time with people except my girlfriend, well sometimes Im starting to lose my mind when Im around people, the reality just flies away and Im there only with my thoughts, its creepy as fuck and I dont understand what the hell is going on with me.
Ive suffered from a dp disorder combined with insomnia and desu it is something different. Ive talked to my school psychologist month ago but my problem wasnt that bad then and actually it gave me a lot of pain. I want to talk to her but I dont know if I can do it.
>>
>>16924417
>My short-term memory is shitty
read some good books. that will help this

>Im introvert and I dont like spending time with people
thats okay you can get a hobby that has an online community (such as rc car building or sewing)

>>16924417
>I dont understand what the hell is going on with me.
you should see a professional psychiatrist and a therapist. it sounds like you have a serious mental issue and they can help you tremendously. look around for a therapis on google, and contact your health insurance provider and see what they do for mental health. they may even be able to provide you with a list of professionals that accept your insurance.

>I want to talk to her but I dont know if I can do it.
do it anon. i believe in you! you can get past this and accomplish amazing things.
>>
>>16924473
whoops forgot sage and name
>>
>>16924417
ADD? Maybe schizophrenia?

The most important thing is to actually talk to people about it and not hold it in. Stop taking drugs if you're doing that and seek consultation from your GF, family, and friends.
If you lose those due to your thoughts then you're truly fucked.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.