[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people go to bars to flirt and to find someone? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 500x606
Why do people go to bars to flirt and to find someone?
I don't understand the concept of it. I assumed that everyone that goes to bars and nightclubs are just want something not even stable and seriously. But where else I can meet people except for going there? This is insane.
>>
>>16920279
If you're good looking you can meet people anywhere
If you're not gl then why even try?
>>
i mean there is social media and parks and even the workplace sometimes, along with organization's and groups where you can meet people you might like
>>
>>16920279
Are you employed? Meet someone at work?
Are you a student? Meet someone in class
Are you religious? Meet someone at church/your place of worship
Are you interested in music? Meet someone at a concert
Are you really interested in one specific thing? Meet someone at a club

It's not hard to meet new people. It just requires you leaving your house and being friendly. You can even meet people on the bus or the train or in a store or something if you have something in common with them and don't come off as a creep.
Ex: hey- an NC State shirt! Did you watch the game last Thursday?
Ex: oh man, that has got to be about the cutest dog I've ever seen! Is it ok if I pet him? What breed is he?
Ex: do you live around here? I'm new in the area and I'm trying to find somewhere to eat.

Just start conversations in an earnest and nonthreatening way, and if you're good at building at conversations, it might actually go somewhere.
I complimented a girl's purse the other day while I was shopping at francesca's and we got in a conversation about how she got it on sale and it almost got stolen from her in London, and I had been to London too so then we started talking about travel and we were chatting for like 25 minutes and then she gave me her phone number and invited me to go to this youth group thing with her.
In short- just try.
>>
>>16920284
>>16920288
But it's not that simple as it was. Workplace is where I tried not to have any attached with,I don't want to be awkward once things didn't work out. Social media like online dating or such? Nope I don't think I like this idea much. Parks or such things seemed a bit odd for me to approach somebody. Do i just go and interrupting them? Nah I can't.
Damn I deserved to be forever alone lol
>>
>>16920279
Bullshit. I met my husband in a bar. We've been married 10 years and have two kids.

Churches are just bars without alcohol.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.