[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I lower/roughen up my voice without ruining any internal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How do I lower/roughen up my voice without ruining any internal organs?
>>
You don't.
>>
>>16920150
So there's no way to get a sexy raspy voice without taking decades off my life?

I'm just going to spend the next 70 years sounding like fucking mickey mouse?
>>
>>16920159
Yes.
>>
>>16920159
Develop vocal fry, then control exhale volume, and drop your voice box. You'll be fine as long as you don't force anything.Work out your voice box like any other muscle, gradually, and incrementally.
>>
>>16920199
So wait what do I gotta do?
>>
>>16920216
Watch voice training videos. Apply them.
>>
I was wondering the same thing a while back. Here's a vocaroo demo:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0N6xCl97HLx

I also searched around on the internet for a while and I didn't find any great resources so I just experimented myself. It's hard to explain but I'll give it a try: Do you know how you can generate your voice in different parts of your mouth and throat? If you put that focal point high in your mouth you get a high, nasal tone. If you push it down your throat you get a deep tone. I basically do that while talking. Takes some experimentation because you can't push it indefinitely or your voice will sound weird. Take a break if you get a sore throat.
>>
>>16920287
So you just talk lower at all times? Doesn't it get exhausting, like always walking on your toes? Don't you ever just forget to? Doesn't your family make fun of you for it?
>>
>>16920303
>So you just talk lower at all times?
Yep, pretty much.

>Doesn't it get exhausting, like always walking on your toes?
Nope, not really. It's kind of like talking in a funny voice: You have to put in some mental effort to make the switch but then you don't really think about it anymore. All you have to worry about then is switching back when you take a break from talking.

>Don't you ever just forget to?
Yes, I do sometimes. A lot at first, now only occasionally.

>Doesn't your family make fun of you for it?
No, not at all. People in general are very harsh when criticizing their own voice. No idea why. If you decide to change your voice it will sound silly to you while others will think your voice is completely normal. It would be very handy to test it out with a person you trust to give their honest opinion.

The way I got into it initially is that I was recording myself singing + playing guitar. I wanted a more voluminous singing voice so I kept changing that up until I got a deep voluminous voice (at least compared to my own voice). I showed a recording to some friends and they all said they wouldn't have know it was me. So I tried to use that voice for regular talking and it worked out. Maybe the practice with the singing voice made it easier for me, I don't really know.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.