[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quit weed in college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 200px-Bong.svg.png (24 KB, 200x224) Image search: [Google]
200px-Bong.svg.png
24 KB, 200x224
I'm stuck trying to quit smoking and dabbing. I'm a CS major which I struggle with, so I do it to relieve the pressure and stress. At the same time I feel it's the reason Ive been doing so poorly. I buy w/ mbey parents give me for food and etc, but it's getting noicable and I need to stop.
>>
>>16920102
so stop.

have fun with the withdrawals.
>>
>>16920102
>kek
good luck dude. I hope you dont get even more fucking with withdrawals
>>
Just take a break, never understood people treating grass like it's addictive. I have to quit every new contract in case of those sneaky piss tests. Stay off dabs and smoke in moderation it'll probably make it easier.
>>
>>16920124
>weed
>not addictive

Bruh, please. Soda can be addictive. No reason a drug like weed can't be. Just saying. Don't come in here saying stupid shit.
>>
I figured you guys would notice I never used the word addicted. I just feel so bored and depressed without smoking, to the point where I can't do schoolwork.
>>
>>16920169
>cant do school work because of stress
>smokes to feel less stressed
>cant do school work because of smoking

Pick your poison m8
>>
>>16920169
at least you're going to have plenty of time to spend mommy and daddy's money on weed when you drop out friend.

been there. done that. drop the habit. it's not fucking worth it.
>>
>>16920144
Yeah, but there's psychologically addictive, habitually addictive, minor physical addictions and straight up addictions. Weed is, depending on the study, at worst an occasionally, minorly addictive substance. It's literally easier to quit than sugar, nicotine or alcohol and every serious pothead I've ever known has been able to stop it when necessary.

>>16920102
OP, if you want to stop, just stop. It isn't crack cocaine. Whatever weed you have now is the weed you have left. Smoke most of it in one last go; if you're prone to panic attacks and weed helps, save that last little bit in case you have a terrible one.

Then just go cold turkey. Don't buy anymore, don't scrounge around for more, just stop it, period. It's hard and unpleasant, and you'll likely be tired and irritable for a day or two, but after a week you honestly won't care.

If you're having a hard time, cut out something else unhealthy as well (fast food, soda, nicotine, whatever) and then use that as your fall guy.

>>16920169
Stop and then try therapy if you can get it. I have severe depression and weed helps a lot (calms my anxiety down) but eventually you'll get to the point where you'll be HABITUALLY addicted and can't handle sobriety.

Get talking to someone. Medication might help a lot and then weed can go back to being recreational. If you can't get therapy, my suggestion would be to switch to using it as a reward; only smoke weed after your homework, classes, etc. for the day are over and try alternating it to keep your tolerance low and cut back on costs.
>>
File: jRplw0I.jpg (28 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
jRplw0I.jpg
28 KB, 540x540
Weed is only addicting when you use it as an escape from things, for anxiety/stress, and when you're literally just bored as fuck.

Personally I only ever smoke after work. Just a fat bowl to relax the muscles after Construction bullshit. I have to quit for atleast 24 days before a new House is assigned to me in case they try to nab me, its not hard to stop.

Honestly just stop smoking cold turkey. If you need a buzz or something, drink a fat black coffee or go for a jog. If youre stressed, try Background Noise generators and Meditation (Seriously, sitting completely still and focusing on nothing but your heartbeat is a great quiet place to think about shit)

Otherwise keep being a faggot and being 'addicted' to weed.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.