[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends and what they do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 505x431
I have these pen pals (I'm Korean) on Twitter that are also Korean. I don't have any Korean friends irl because they don't exist in my area.

I was wondering, shouldn't friends; even those in social media, initiate contact to invite me to hang with them in the city at least? I know they all go to the city but not one has invited me to come over and meet up with them and hang. Or is it my responsibility to reach out to them and say, "hey lets go to XYZ my treat so we can finally meet?" I was told by my parent that I need them more than they need me and friends don't reach out to poor friendless saps like me anymore unless I'm inviting them for food/drinks on my own tab.

For the record, I don't have any friends and can't make any where I live. Meet ups don't work and I don't have any from college.
>>
>>16920085
where do you live?

why can't you make friends? you go to school, friends are easy to make.

do you want to meet these twitter koreans?
>>
>>16920196
NY, I live in a white ass neighborhood

I finished school unfortunately

I do. I'm just wondering what's the right answer. Should have they contacted me by now and invited me to hang with them or should I invite them out at a place to eat/drink so they can get to know me? I feel like I'm in a place of less power so I need them but with the concept of friendship I don't know if that's the case I should be feeling
>>
>>16920246
like, how far from the city? you want korean friends just go to Flushing.

finished school. now what do you do?

>should have contacted me by now and invited me

why are you under the impression that they're meant to make an effort to bring you out rather than you having to be proactive? invite yourself to the shit that they do or make plans and invite them. it's like you're sitting on your hands and waiting for them to drag you out of your room.

also, western koreans are so fucking fickle and fake. sure, they're nice but it gets so tiresome.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.