[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>HOW THE FUCK DO I PASS CALCULUS 1?? its my third time doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: brony.jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
brony.jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>HOW THE FUCK DO I PASS CALCULUS 1??
its my third time doing it guys, can someone show me the path to learning it? some good exercise sites, good youtube channels...
>>
>>16920049
Kahn Academy
>>
>>16920049
Literally anything you can find on youtube. But go to your teacher or prof's office hours and hire a private tutor if the free internet shit doesn't help.
>>
>>16920049
>>16920125
Let me add:

I work as a math tutor. Tell me something you struggle with in Calculus I. I just want to see what you're having issues with. Please give me a specific example. Who knows: maybe we'll hit it off great and I can be your tutor.
>>
Patrick JMT
>>
>>16920146
Thirsty af
>>16920049
>reposting OPs
Shit taste familia.

Have you tried Office hours? Calculus should not take multiple times to pass.
>>
File: 1447176600798.jpg (15 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1447176600798.jpg
15 KB, 234x200
>>16921317
>thirsty af

I should've gone down the path of a math professor. I will drop whatever I'm doing if a friend asks me for help on anything math related.
>>
>>16921327
>Go through graduste school
>post doc
>make $30k a year.

Yeah nah. Applied is where it's at.
>>
>>16920049
Do your fucking homework. Twice.

People think math is something you can learn like Marxism or how to ride a bike.

It's not. It's a skill and it's one that needs a lot of fucking practise.
>>
>>16921348
It's not about the money. I just enjoy watching people make the breakthrough and grasp a concept sufficiently to ace it on their tests.
>>
>>16920049
Patrick JMT

And go to the study groups. Always go to the study groups.
>>
>>16921368
Yeah but like people are dumb. You're dumb, I'm dumb, OP is definitely dumb.

Just go into teaching. Academia is hella political and a beurocratic mess.
>>
>>16921395
>You're dumb

You might be onto something, because I might be misusing the word "professor". Can you JUST teach at the college level and not have to get involved with the academia side? It's too late for me to switch over, but I could keep it in mind for the future. I wouldn't want to condemn myself to a life of sub-calculus subjects in primary education.
>>
>>16920049
Realize you have to memorize formulas, you can't solve shit magically. These formulas were devised by people who devoted their lives to this, accept this and just memorize and practice them
>>
>>16921404
Yeah it's possible BUT

for whatever reason there's a surplus of math graduates/professors. I've had a couple people in the department tell me that it's a horrible time to be a professor.

Your best bet is CC and TAing
>>
>>16921429
I actually got pretty far in math before switching to another degree for reasons. I won't specify, since it'd take some time to explain and everybody has a kneejerk reaction to it. I figure, maybe once I'm nearing retirement, maybe I'll consider getting qualified for teaching mathematics.
>>
>>16921439
Yeah waiting years ro do what you love is a great idea
>>
>>16921439
>I won't specify, since it'd take some time to explain and everybody has a kneejerk reaction to it.

Ok what's the reason? Don't be a daft trollop to think saying that doesn't make people curious and then go on not to actually give the reason.
>>
>>16921455
I don't actually really regret not going down that path, because I think as a hobby is what's best for now.

>>16921459
Okay. Psychology. Even if it's a crock of shit to those in STEM, I'm still irresistibly drawn to the mechanisms that change and develop self-esteem and motivation. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but I ended up watching a clip from Michael Tsarion's movie "Architects of Control". He was talking about how the Saracens were basically men made into monsters through indoctrination and drugs, and fought with the ferocity of several men. I think you can see that today in people who are madly driven to pursue their interests. I really want to know how and why that came to be, from a social and a corresponding biological perspective.
>>
>>16921558
>Okay. Psychology.

HEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEH

[spoiler]But good for you you followed your dream[/spoiler]
>>
>>16921558
Dude math gets bullshit the further you go
>>
>>16920049
youtube this BORING instructor mathbff
>>
Calculus for dummies (the book), that's how I did it.
>>
>>16921327

math majors get 300k starting lad
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.