[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people at hardware stores care/ask why you're buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Do people at hardware stores care/ask why you're buying a rope? I look approximately like a 12 year old girl. If they do what's a decent excuse?
>>
>>16920034
It's for your tree house.
>>
>>16920034
"my dad said i was being a bad girl and he would tie me up."
>>
>>16920034
Family project or just say it's good to have rope. They won't ask and more than likely won't care. Have fun kidnapping whoever.
>>
>>16920034
No one gives a shit. You could buy an axe, a rope, and a guide to killing people with axes and rope, and no one would care.

However in the unlikely event that someone should inquire about your intent with this length of rope, just say you are practicing knots or need it for making a swingset.
>>
>>16920034
You just ask buy rope, they're not in a position to go asking questions.
>>
>>16920034
They're going to ask what kind of rope you're looking for, OP. Different ropes have different uses. Some ropes cannot be used in place of other kinds.
So google "___ rope" and see what it's used for.
>>
>>16920034
>If they do what's a decent excuse?
Depends on the type of rope. Do some homework into the different kinds and what they're most commonly used for, and if someone asks, tell them the most common use for the kind you're buying. Just be sure you buy a standard length for that particular use, and nobody will question it.
>>
What kind of clandestine activity makes you so paranoid that you're afraid you'll spill the beans to some shopkeeper?
>>
>>16920034
Buy some wood and paint along with it
>>
>>16920086
>clandestine activity
Killing themselves, probably.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.