[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help, /adv/ >Be Uni student >Finals week >Be stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Need help, /adv/
>Be Uni student
>Finals week
>Be stupid and just assume all finals are at the usual time and location because I know 2 out of my 3 classes are
>The third final is held in 3 hours from now instead of 1 like I thought
>Goes into my work schedule
>Ask coworkers and no one can cover me
>Call sick when I woke up today and apparently someone else already called sick and manager begs me to come to work anyways
>She found out that I asked other people to cover me, so pretty sure she knows I'm lying about being sick

What do, /adv/? can't believe I got myself into this shitty situation in the first place. My shift is from 5-9:30, I'll just be missing the first 1-2 hours. Should I just come clean and tell her I can be there from 7-9:30 and that I lied abotu being sick?
>>
I don't know about your manger, but mine is usually pretty lenient when it comes to uni stuff. If you'd just explained the real reason, I'm sure they would have let you off for a couple of hours.
>>
>>16919825

This is where you gotta make the choice with the least amount of consequence.

If you can still pass while getting a 0 on the final, go to work. If you're fine with potentially burning bridges and/or cutting hours, go to class.

I had to make a similar decision today, I either had to go to work, while being up for more than 48 hours now, or take my family to Pittsburgh (7 hour drive) and get fired. I'm at work now cause I got bills to pay.
>>
>>16919825
You're a student on the quarter system, perhaps one of the UCs?

Just come clean. She already knows you're lying about being sick. At least you have a legitimate excuse.
>>
Jobs can be replaced, all that money you spent on school + your GPA after missing a final can't (easily) be made up for.
>>
>>16919825
>Should I just come clean and tell her I can be there from 7-9:30 and that I lied abotu being sick?
Yes. Be honest with your boss and try your best to make it to work when you can. Tell her it was a scheduling mix-up and apologize for faking an illness (or at least tell her you were stress puking if you need to save face).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.