[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay guys, how many of you think it's justified to call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Argument.gif (52 KB, 366x245) Image search: [Google]
Argument.gif
52 KB, 366x245
Okay guys, how many of you think it's justified to call people out on what they did when they're damaging you? Do you think it's better to suck it up when somebody's straight up playing you or you should take initiative and don't let somebody shit on your lawn? I want to hear your opinions.
>>
I think you should take yourself out of the situation if there isn't someone of authority you can talk to about the situation
>>
>>16919714
Yeah i agree that getting out of the situation asap is the way to go, but it's more about how to do so. I for example think that it is good and healthy to call people who did something wrong out and draw the line. Most of people around me would silently withdraw and avoid confrontation. I think it's not a good way of solving problems, because in long term you get used to be passive instead of taking things in your own hands.
>>
>>16919730
Well it really depends on what the thing is. IN some situations, it's just easier to walk away than to start shit.
>>
>>16919704
Depends on a ton of things. But for most situations I would simply drop contact and move on. Indifference hurts more than hate usually.
>>
>>16919704

if you can prevent them from shitting on your farm without calling them out, do that?

it depends what the consequence of calling them out is though. i like to call people on their bullshit.
>>
>>16919740
>>16919743
I do agree that with people you don't care it's easy just to drop it, but let's say it was someone you had a strong bond with (friend, partner etc.)
>>16919748
Yeah prevention is the best solution, but you won't be able to prevent someone from shitting there if you didn't have someone else do it already.
And by calling someone out i meant pinpoiting their faults without calling them names, showing them your perspective and try to understand their point if they actually make sense.

Also, don't you guys think that sometimes it's better to tell people what's wrong, because there might be additional circumstances and something that looked like a planned fuck up was an outcome of something way bigger?
>>
>>16919769

by preventing, i just meant to say that it is possible to stop someone from shitting on your lawn without 'calling them out'.

and sure, if someones being a rude bitch why not explain your side? just dont get sucked into an argument. get out when they start flailing their arms before you both look like retards.
>>
>>16919784
Glad to see someone else have similar opinion on this topic. I somtimes get confused because most of people around me would rather leave without a word when somebody bent them over (ofc suffering because of it) than stand up for themselves. Imo if you call people out on their shit you're letting them and people around them know that if somebody tries to pull something on you, they better be ready for consequences.
>>
>>16919704
It depends more specifically on what they did to me. "Damaging" me in what sense? I almost always call people out on something because if it's a friend that pissed me off it needs to be said and we'll work through it. And on the other chance that it's some prick just pissing me off I see nothing wrong with calling them out on it as long as there are no repercussions against anyone I care about.
>>
Yeah, you should absolutely shun the person who dares to call you out on your bullshit. You should never talk to them and if you ever see them out, like if they're hanging out with your ex-gf and her new gf, you should ignore her like she's not there even tho she's sitting a foot away. Then you should pout and leave immediately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.