[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
I haven't made a single close friend since high school / freshmen year of college and it's dawning on me that as we all start to graduate and go our separate ways, I'm going to need to make new friends. Is it even possible to form relationships as close as the ones you make in your adolescence as you start to get older? Because I feel like I can't make a connection with anyone these days and I don't know what's wrong.

I've been trying to get somewhere with these two people I met through work but they never have enough time to hang out very often and I just don't feel any type of a bond forming at all. Will I ever make another truly close friend or is it just at this stage in life no one has the time to be bothered with such things?
>>
Accept the fact that even if you make friends in college, they'll always leave you (Unless they choose not to, via internet).

I've had 18 friends already via entering my toxic world of schooling, and only 2, to this day, remember my mug. Of course, we're all cool, but it just shows that it's unusual for that to happen.

Moving onward, you don't exactly force a friendship, it only forges on its' own. One of my new buddies regularly talks to me about his shizz and I talk about my stuff (Oddly enough, we had lots in common. Right down to certain shows, such as Jojo's BA, and Lost).

It just happens when you forge a bond. Like romantic love, forcing it only makes it seem artificial. It'll only happen if you just don't expect it.
>>
>>16919691
I know you can't force it but that's what's confusing me. I don't remember ever forcing anything between me and the friends I'm closest with now, it just happened over the years. But I have never had that with a single other person since high school. Not one. No matter how many people I talk to.
>>
>>16919672
I don't think you can ever make ac close friends as in your adolescence. Back then you had a lot more free time and you were exposed to more people your age. Everyone wanted friends back then so people just connected in another way.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.