[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to get into social situations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: octogynoid.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
octogynoid.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
ok guys im sick of being a loser so id like to know how i can get out into the world and join social groups, with the intention of eventually meeting girls. my history is i have recently moved to a new city so i dont know anyone, im quite ugly so people dont approach me/ignore me and i have quite boring/uncool interests. i need to know how i can get out and ingrain myself into some group, and i need quite specific instructions because i honestly dont know where to begin, and then what to do when i get there, what to say, etc. etc. (please dont just say 'go outside and talk to people')

basically, how do i get a life i guess?
>>
Are you working or studying?
>>
>>16919670
ah yeah i forgot to mention, i am working full time. i also go to the gym three days a week after work
>>
>>16919676
How is your relationship with your colleagues?

Does your work organize non work activities? And do you make an effort to take part in that?
>>
>>16919687
fine but they are all in their late 30s/40s which means theyre all doing things with their families outside of work hours. there are occasional dinners and stuff which i go to but nothing outside of that
>>
anyone else here?
>>
>>16919841
how old are you, OP
>>
>>16919882
>>
What are your boring and uninteresting hobbies and interests?
>>
>>16919905
well I'm turning 23 this week and I'm basically in the same boat, eventhough I'm in college (which should make meeting people a thousand times easier), but I still havn't made any friends there

I recently joined a sports team and are planning some activities with a cute girl I met there (unfortunately nothing romantic... yet)

I've never had any interest in going to the gym, so I don't really know much about that, but people don't usually bond there, do they? Maybe you should try joining a sports team or something similiar?

I'd like to tell you the usual "just go to the bar and talk to people" shit, but we both now that this is not for people like us

godspeed, Anon.. may you find happniess
>>
>>16919923
personal finance (mainly tax avoiding and investing stuff), politics and programming, things like that. and films which i suppose is pretty normal but thats just one thing and not a particularly sociable thing i guess

>>16919930
yeah well i would say definitely go for the opportunities in college dude. i wasted my time there by staying in my room playing video games the whole time, so i have no memories or experiences or friends or anything from that time. people dont really talk in the gym, or the one i go to at least, and yeah the bar thing is a bit not helpful

good luck to you too
>>
>>16919952
Don't think of your movie interest as not particularly sociable. It's another weapon in your arsenal of conversational weapons. Sure not everyone likes to talk about movies, or tv-series, but many people do. And they'll always be interested in talking about X movie or the ending of Y series.

The rest of your interests are much the same. Particularly politics, as it is something everyone can relate to. But it's not really casual chitchat material.

Have you considered joining a group that fits your interests? Perhaps you would find it easier befriend people who share your hobby.
>>
>>16919969
i cant find any groups. programming is kind of a social thing but not a real world thing, more over the internet which is exactly what i want to get away from. there arent investing clubs, or maybe there are but i imagine you have to be a big time player to get in. politics is tricky as well, there arent really any active groups for my stuff in my area and yeah film is a bit of dud like you say. theres probably stuff out there but i cant find it. i tried meetup dot com but it didnt pick up anything

i like cooking as well actually, i went to a couple of local cooking classes but there was no one in my age range there
>>
File: index7 (3).jpg (29 KB, 124x132) Image search: [Google]
index7 (3).jpg
29 KB, 124x132
hi, does anyone want to talk shit. I'm bored. insult me please
>>
anyone else got any ideas?
>>
anyone else?
>>
>>16919993
>>>/omegle/
>>
Try meetup.com you can find plenty of different interest groups there.

I'm in kind of the similar situation as you, it's so hard to join a social circle at this age.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.