[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright boyz. It's another post about relationships that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: received_479760142156923.jpg (12 KB, 360x339) Image search: [Google]
received_479760142156923.jpg
12 KB, 360x339
Alright boyz. It's another post about relationships that you don't wanna hear.

Recently me and my Girlfriend broke up due to her wanting to go to college in Florida. This really upset both of us but it is what she wants to do and where she wants to go. Her parents can afford it and so we both agreed to split up very confused.

I'm having so many second thoughts about it. I feel like even when she's gone we could still be together, we were together for a year and a half before and we had stayed loyal to each other the entire time.

I just need help deciding if I should discuss this with her or not because we did not end on bad terms so we still talk occasionally. Is this a good idea or bad idea? Because I feel like I'm never going to move on since we had no problem with each other. If you see any flaws in this decision please point them out I really need help.

Thanks
>>
>>16919430
Not many people can handle LDRs, but that doesn't mean you couldn't try. You chose the cowards way. And when she ends up sleeping around or meeting another person, you're going to beat yourself up over this.
>>
File: br01.jpg (14 KB, 587x390) Image search: [Google]
br01.jpg
14 KB, 587x390
>>16919430
She will get the D in college.

There is no faithful for ldr's in college. Women have too much dick in their faces. Especially if she's going to live in a dorm, she will have nightly opportunities to fuck.

If you're ok being a cuck, then live your dream. Otherwise, move on. Your choice.
>>
>>16919438
>>16919463
Well we've never had sex because she wants to wait until we get married so I don't think she will want to fuck anyone...
>>
>>16919479
All the more reason for her to fuck someone else if she's never done it before. Imagine all the massive young poles she'll have first dibs on when she gets to college. The huge peer pressure she'll be under to give in and take dick after dick won't help either. When I was in college, we had a tally chart on the dorm wall of all the one night stand's everyone living there had. It was so shameful to have less notches than the person above you that we ended up competitively fucking for no reason.

It's highly unlikely she'll stay a virgin. If she genuinely loves you, she might. But in all likelihood she won't make it out of college without wanting to "discover herself". Still, good luck to you if you want to wait however many years it is.
>>
>>16919463
Damn anon, you have a bad experience or something? My girlfriend and I were long distance throughout our entire 4 year college career and remained totally faithful (also helps she's super Christian and waiting for marriage) so it's entirely possible. That being
said, we're the only two of the people we knew that tried long distance that it actually worked out for with no issues. If the LDR was because of school, 9/10 times it was because someone cheated.

I think you've got a chance though OP.
>>
>>16919498
No bad experience, we were just super confused and afraid things wouldn't work when we broke up. I'm still debating on trying it
>>
>>16919530
I'd speak with her about it and see where you two stand. If you don't, you'd be setting yourself up for one of your greatest regrets in life. That being said, don't try and guilt her into it any or else she'll almost loath the relationship once she leaves, and then the possibility of what that other anon was talking about will seem more attractive.
>>
>>16919600
Do you think I should do it in person?
>>
>>16919628
Couldn't really hurt. Just don't surprise her with it. Let her know you want to talk and tell her what about so that she doesn't feel pressured to answer immediately without having time to think about it herself. If you let her know ahead of time it would allow her to think over the situation as well, that way you can be sure that whatever conclusion you two reach is absolutely the best choice for the both of you.
>>
>>16919656
This anon belongs on /adv/
>>
>>16919430
>>16919479
This happened to a friend of mine, his girl went to a summer retreat associated with the university. They met when they were 6, families are friends with each other for a long time. They got into a relationship at 13. She promised him no sex until marriage. She's the stereotypical goody girls you hear about

She goes to the summer retreat

She met "Chad"

"Chad" kept teasing her and made her feel human (pointing out flaws and complimenting her with flirtations), basically pushing and pulling with escalating

She lost her virginity to him fucked him not once, but numerous fucking times in the span of 3 weeks.

During the time, she kept updating him about the things that "happened" (hey baby I'm at a camp fire, we are doing arts and crafts, it's so cool, don't worry about me, im getting sleep early, talk to you soon) etc

She came back home to pick up her school stuff before the semester started. She was acting a bit too friendly and a bit off. Not shady, just something that didn't seem normal. He asked her and she kept perfect cool. Her cousin spilled the beans about everything to him. He confronted her, she denied and denied then started crying. She told him she only slept with him "once" (kek) and it "just happened." She tried to manipulate him by telling him he can have sex with her that night, but not to break up with her.

He ended up breaking up with her like the man he is, but only after genuienly crying tears of sorrow for 1 and a half week.

Buddy, this was just a month in summer camp. Good girls are just bad girls that never have been caught. This isn't misogyny. This is real life. Humans have options and options lead to some bad consequences. She will cheat on you.

Save your self the heart ache and move on. Otherwise, transform the relationship to a benefits one. Or, say you'll be in a relationship with her and find other wome to mingle with on the side because you sure as hell will get the news that she cheated on you/wants out
>>
>>16919628
Thanks anon, this is actually my first time on /adv/.

>>16919753
You must mingle with some cheap ass chicks then. If you can find a chick with an actual grown woman mindset (not this new age "I'm so mature" shit) who's strong in her foundations then it is very possible to have a faithful long distance relationship at that age. I will admit you have to watch out for the stereotypical goody goodys though, because they're more prone (not guaranteed, but more likely) to going primitive the second they taste a little bit of freedom/something new. Happened to my ex as soon as she hit college, but all she was was a girl in woman's clothing (read; fake af). Looking back I could've seen the signs a mile away, but being young and "in love" makes you blind.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.