[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ask on a date via text
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How do I ask a girl out via text message? I'm awkward at texting and it makes me a bit nervous not seeing the other person's body language. Do I need to chat a bit first? How do I know when the right time is? Any other advice?

It would be easier face to face but I don't think I can meet her irl soon unless I ask her to. I want to invite her to a free concert from crappy local bands that she may be interested in.
If you need more info, this is a girl I've met a few times before. We are both in our early 20s. The most we hung out before was at another free concert we went to with our mutual friends and we seemed to get along nice, we have a lot of stuff in common. I haven't seen her in about 2 months since she had an argument with these mutual friends I hang out with.

Thanks!
>>
Talk a little bit (how have you been bla bla) Hey i'd like to take you to (insert date)
>>
>>16919269
it sounds like you might not even be on her radar I would chat her up a bit over text first or even better figure out a way to see her in person since attraction through text is so fucking hard
>>
>>16919304
Thanks
>>16919332
Yeah I think you are right, thanks. Thing is this concert thing I want to go to with her is this weekend already (I only found out 2 days ago about it). I don't know if in that case I should still invite her but make it sound way more casual than a date.
>>
>>16919343
in that case your best bet might actually be to straight up say "hey I have some spare tickets and need another want to come" without anything before it, to make it seem like a casual offering and not a date

then make it a date when you're there

she is super likely to say no too
>>
>>16919269
This doesn't have to be complicated.

"Hey, there's a free concert with some local bands on the <date>. I'm going. Want to come with?"

You don't have to point out that it's a date if you're uncomfortable doing that over text. You can always set up a "real" date in person if she says yes and you end up seeing her in person.

By the way, I don't keep shitty friends. If you're the same and your friends have dropped her, they may have a very good reason for it. If she dropped them over a nothing thing, she might have a difficult personality. Either way, you may be setting yourself up into having to make a choice between keeping your friends or keeping her.
>>
>>16919269
I wouldn't ask someone out over text unless it was something extremely casual like coffee. If you're texting her, you have her phone number right? Just call her and ask her out over the phone.
>>
>>16919375
>you may be setting yourself up into having to make a choice between keeping your friends or keeping her.
Haha yeah I actually thought about this today, even if I'd just want to keep her as a friend too.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
>>
Would it be a very bad idea to bring up the situation of the argument in the conversation before asking her to the concert? The thing is we were supposed to meet again last week, with the rest of our friends, and she was going to come but she didn't in the end, maybe because she was still unconfortable about the argument. And it's the most relevant topic to discuss with her but maybe a bad one. I mean I'm not sure if it would be weird to ignore it since she may be interested in what happened when I met the others and not her last week, or if I should comment that she was missed (by me at least), or if I should ask her about it.
Or just talk about something else, then invite her to the concert.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.